PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : [SF 1028P/at7500] Stanby and power to LNB?

tornis
14.02.2013, 00:53
Hello,
I have an octagon 1028P and try your magnificent firmware but I have a question.
Is it possible to put the octagon standby "normal" with stoping the power to the LNB of the dish like the original firmware?
And with "loop through" who works because i have several box on the same cable.
The deep stanby stop all (no power, no loop through).
All my box can do it, i guess HDMU also but how?

Thank you.

Mikam_0815
14.02.2013, 12:39
You mean to put your receiver into deep standby instead of soft standby? That should be no problem at all, with my spark7162 I just press the power button for a longer time and then I get the shutdown menu where I can select what standby should be done. In addition there is also one menu (if you have english menu should be someting like Settings - System - Adaptions or no idea how Anpassungen has been translated) where you can define what it does when pressing the power button short /long, there you can define immediate shutdown.

Hope I got your question right? But to be honest I have never tested if the LNB power is gone but I assume it should be as according to FAQ only the front processor should be kept alive.

tornis
14.02.2013, 15:46
Thank you for your response but i mean that if i select soft standby the LNB power keep running and it's no good for my installation (many box on the same cable with "loop through").
If i select deep standby, no more power to LNB (good) but no more "loop through" and i have no more signal to my others box.
I think if my 6 others box can do it (soft standby with no power to LNB and "loop through" go on) with this firmware (dreambox also with E2) it's possible on my 1028P.
The original firmware of the 1028P, do it without probleme.
Regards,

Mikam_0815
15.02.2013, 01:17
Sorry, no idea. In the FAQ it is said that depending on the box type and the settings (!) it might be possible to deactivate the Display, LEDs, network adapter, hard disk and tuner in the soft standby mode while main CPU is always kept alive. At least for the Triplex it seems that the soft standby only switches off the video and audio out. But hopefully someone with deeper knowledge can answer here....

tornis
27.03.2013, 01:00
After 1 month, nobody knows how can i soft standy with no LNB power like a dreambox with enigma2 or the original firmware of Octagon sf 1028p?

vdrschlucke
27.03.2013, 09:37
I have a "spark" box and for me in soft-standby loopthrough works like it is supposed to.

konfetti
27.03.2013, 13:07
I think he mean to disable the lnb power (SEC_VOLTAGE_OFF (http://dev.duckbox.info/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/tdt/tree/tdt/cvs/driver/frontends/multituner/lnbs/lnb_pio.c#n60)) to save energy, but keeping the loopthrough on. In my opinion e2 should call voltage off in standby mode, but I'm not sure and I'm not sure if the loopthrough works after that.

There is a setting (http://dev.duckbox.info/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/tdt/tree/tdt/cvs/driver/e2_proc/e2_proc_main.c#n413) which inhibts the disabling of voltage, not sure which setting this is in e2 ;)

tornis
27.03.2013, 19:19
In the settings there is a section with 3 possibilities for 12V (stop, works and nothing do) but i try the 3 and no change.
When i soft standby, the power of LNB stay on (12V) and in deepstandby no more power, no more loopthrough and when i turn on, there is a point on the left on the display.
I have 5 box on the same cable with loopthrough and in soft standby, there is to much power to LNB when i use another box and if i deep stanby the octagon, there is no more signal...Wonderful image but i can't use it properly.
Heeelp

santa
27.03.2013, 19:59
you can buy a master/slave sat switch, so you can put your box into deep.

tornis
28.03.2013, 09:32
Certainly but install additional hardware costs while with all firmwares works like this without problem...

bonkel
28.03.2013, 10:26
when you switch of the lnb.....records in standby will not worki

tornis
28.03.2013, 12:45
Yes but original firm of the octagon goes on the box when the record works and it's the same with many box.
i think the dreambox with enigma 2, it is just the power to lnb who goes on during recording because the box stay off.
I think if my 5 box keep power every time, the LNB is defect after some days.

BE-COOL
01.12.2013, 18:30
I have 1 GM990 and 1 Amiko 8900 that have LNB loop through working when they are in standby in Spark firmware, but it doesn't work in Enigma2. It would be great to have it working. I guess it's a problem in duckbox code, because it is the same with the PKT image.

tornis
03.11.2014, 16:11
Hello,
No solution to turn off power to LNB in stanby mode after 1 year and half?
Every sytem do it...