PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Hilfe, help...

mjuitg
19.02.2013, 22:35
Forgive me for asking but I do not understand the images section.

I have a sab unix solo but I do not know which image to pick.
Can someone tell me what the formula is so that I can understand it :confused:

I do not know what the folders mean:
ufs992
ufs913
ufs912
ufs910
topf

And I do not understand the file format either:

HDMU_1667_E2_ufs922_209_git_5281_nodebug_nolcd_Dif f0_gst_USB

what does the 1667 or 209 and 5281 mean?

Any help is appreciated!

Kindest Regards

Michael

morly
20.02.2013, 08:06
Hi Micheal,
I suppose you don't speak German - otherwise the information can be found >>here<< (http://www.hdmedia-universe.com/board/showthread.php?1047-H%E4ufig-gestellte-Fragen-zum-Image&p=12738&viewfull=1#post12738)
If you understand German please start reading the FAQ's first (tbf in the signatures of many users - e.g. mine)

OK - to make it short.
The folders are categories - these categories indicate the different box types. For example I have a
"Kathrein UFS 910" - so the folder ufs910 is just mine :)
In there you can find images for you box - sorted by the version of the software.

I take santa's example:
HDMU_994_E2_spark_211_git_4329_nodebug_nolcd_Diffh dmu_USB.tar.gz

HDMU ... name of the board - welcome to HDMU :)
994 ... version number (changes to the current version can always be found in the changelog)
E2 ... Enigma2
spark ... box type (or ufs910 for my box)
211 ... version of the kernel
git 4329 ... the version of the basic sw where HDMU is built on
nodebug ... not the debug version but the release version - smaller filesize without any debug information (interesting for coders...)
nolcd ... 2 versions, lcd and nolcd - lcd supports external lcd's - if you don't have one choose nolcd - can be a little faster for your box
Diffh ... which E2 version used (not interesting for users)
USB ... 2 versions, USB and Flash: for installing on an external medium - HDD, flashpen, ... (USB) or into the Flash of your box (Flash)
.tar.gz ... archive type (like zip, rar used by Windows) - experts may forgive the weak explanation :)
md5 ... there is always a second file with the same name but a different ending - md5 (much smaller file size). This file includes the checkusm of your image file. This file is not meant to be downloaded - but it is an indicator if the image was fully uploaded. Please only download images where the md5 file is listed

Does this answer your questions?
Otherwise let us know...

Best, morly

mjuitg
20.02.2013, 21:48
Hi Morly,

Thank you for you're reply. You are correct I do not speak German, can read it a bit :p. But I have to say that I have looked in the FAQ but must have missed that part :p.

Am now going do download and install HDMU_10630_E2_spark_211_git_5282_nodebug_nolcd_Dif f0_gst_Flash and see how it goes.

Regards,

Michael

The