PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : [spark7162] Last Image HDMU 10846 for Spark 7162

Bigsailor 69
31.03.2013, 17:41
Hello, I cannot speak german, but I have an issue with this last image: http://images.hdmedia-universe.com/index/index.php?dir=spark7162/&file=HDMU_10846_E2_spark7162_211_git_5400_nodebug_ Diff0_gst_Flash.zip
I have an Amiko Alien 2 triplex (2 sat + 1 DTT-2), and after installing this version the decoder crashes and is getting blocked. Before I was running the version 10790 and compared with this one, I noticed that the memory size of the root has changed from 119 Mb to 64 Mb and after the firm is installed, I have no more memory avaiable for plugins.
To make it work again I have to go back to 10790. I am assuming that there is some problem with the firmware.
Anyways, with the 10790 version the decoder crashes sometimes with a pink windows and rebbots, and this could be happening several times in a row.
Is there some trick that could fix this?

3nr1qu3
31.03.2013, 18:44
Hello i'm on Last image 10846 and works good.

Please tell me wich plugins you install to crash without memory .

You can create a swap , y don't know if its necessary but always i have 128mb swap in a usb.

Bigsailor 69
31.03.2013, 18:52
Maybe I was not so clear to explain :confused:
With HDMU 10790 root memory 119Mb, used 64 Mb free 55Mb. With HDMU 10846 root memory 64Mb free 1 Mb rest 0 Mb. It looks like the firmware can see only 64 Mb of root memory instead of 119 Mb!

Edit: By the way, with 10846 I have no room to install plugins, while with 1790 after installing several plugins (picons, I2settings and Dreambox browser) I still have 44 Mb of memory free on root.

bonkel
31.03.2013, 20:41
Its Not a Problem. It is shrinked to 64 mb to get better Performance

Bigsailor 69
01.04.2013, 11:54
Its Not a Problem. It is shrinked to 64 mb to get better PerformanceOk, maybe is not a problem, but this firm seems to be very unstable. Also, when it crashes and start up again, the receiver starts in the last channel was on, but only with sound and no picture (I mean the picture is freezed to the logo image), and the remote control doesn't work anymore. The only solution to the problem is reinstalling again the firmware and waiting to the next crash, and the story repeats again, and again.
For me, based on my personal experience, the version 10790 even if it crashes sometimes seems to be more stable than this one. Now I am trying to run that version (10790) with the plugin clearmem installed and for now I hadn't any crashes.
I hope that my post can help to find eventually a solution for this matter for the future.

gorski
01.04.2013, 14:25
What we really need is a Flash Expander that works in HDMU and other Amiko 2 E2s...

santa
01.04.2013, 14:30
Next image with full root space will be at server in one hour

gorski
01.04.2013, 14:52
Will it have new kernel/drivers/remote control unit latest fixes etc.? (I am told these things are available for a few days now...)

It means full 512MB of space for everything, which could be the next best thing since sliced bread, as they say...

However, there may be a few downsides, like in times of E2 trouble, one loses Spark possibility of rescuing/re-flashing E2 from Spark, via a Spark plugin for such purposes...

Don't get me wrong, if everything will work well, this might be exactly what one needs in A2!!!

But we better have a way back, just in case! Do we have a way back, via a nice (Windows/Linux) app, please?

I mean, what are the potential consequences of such a move?

gorski
01.04.2013, 16:31
Next image with full root space will be at server in one hour

Is this it, please:

HDMU 10847 enigma2 Git 5410

Changelog does not mention your announcement, sadly...

santa
01.04.2013, 16:38
this change is in an other changelog, but you can´t see that, sorry.

gorski
01.04.2013, 16:51
OKI... So, this is still within 128MB realm that Spark allows, not the full use of the flash (512MB)?

Btw, how do I mount a USB stick with 2 partitions, please?

I have managed to mount HDD via HDD Manager and I can see it fstab.

But USB stick with 2 partitions, in EXT2, in addition?

What is your syntax for fstab exactly, please?

I need it to test Flash Expander, which can not see in autofs, where the USB stick is mounted as sdb1 and sdb2.

If this could work it would be a soup!!! ;)

gorski
01.04.2013, 17:04
I am getting the following message from Flash Expander (flashexpander.py):

if len(list)==0:
list.append((_("No HDD-, SSD- or USB-Device found. Please first initialized."),None))

It (fe.py) has sections for various possibilities, some for fstab but I need info...

bonkel
01.04.2013, 17:07
you have 128mb for enigma2 , youl never get this full with normal plugins..........
so you will never need a plugin like this.......

usb mount works with automount and you can find them /media/USB/LABELNAME

gorski
01.04.2013, 17:30
you have 128mb for enigma2 , youl never get this full with normal plugins..........
so you will never need a plugin like this.......

Actually, I am, no problem - which is why I am asking...

And you really do not see the picons, epg etc. problem in relation to the size of flash memory?

usb mount works with automount and you can find them /media/USB/LABELNAME

Sadly, this is not correct - please see the attached images (first the path you mention, which simply isn't happening and second that shows autofs, where you can see the two devices mounted)...

What is necessary here is a proper Device Manager to initialise, format, mount or unmount, create SWAP file etc. in various ways/formats/sizes - flexibility is the name of the game, so various needs are covered...

bonkel
01.04.2013, 17:36
you can create a dir on usb stick named picon, and put all picons in that dir, reboot and picons will load from that stick, without plugin

and i dont know why the dir /media/USB not exists

gorski
01.04.2013, 18:18
you can create a dir on usb stick named picon, and put all picons in that dir, reboot and picons will load from that stick, without plugin

I know these elementary things, no worries...

However, I am no coder, so trying to resolve something like this:

and i dont know why the dir /media/USB not exists

...demands the help of the coder... Oh, wait - that's you! :D Well, then, if you do not know, you can not expect me to know and solve the problem, as I am from Humanities... and yours is closed source development...

So, we go back to you and the issues:

USB sticks can not be mounted in HDMU the way you intended. It needs a proper fix. You see HDD and USB in Menu > Info > About or using DreamExplorer in Autofs but not elsewhere and therefore Flash Expander does not work. Among other things...

Seriously, if we are honest and trying to be constructive - HDMU needs a proper Device Manager, as described above...

Btw, other users are asking about DDsubtitler, CrossEPG working etc. I think DDsubs worked at my end when I tested it on HDMU, way back... Not the CrossEPG, though. Please have a look at this: http://www.hdmedia-universe.com/board/showthread.php?3538-Plugins-to-download-from-your-sever-please

Maybe your creative juices start running again...? ;) :)

P.S. Btw, you should install "picon path" plugin, to my mind... So one can easily choose what goes where. In Glass HD one has the option to send the picons to a partition/device of one's choosing but what if the device isn't mounted?

bonkel
01.04.2013, 18:20
in our dev no one have problems with mount, we cant control what every user do, when you make mistakes and kill the mount method, with plugins like flashextender, its not our fault...

usb stick mounting, works great here and on boxen from hdmu team too

gorski
01.04.2013, 18:23
It didn't work before I put the FE in. Actually, that is the reason I put it in.

Never mind, you are missing the main point...

gorski
01.04.2013, 20:14
Re-checked again and it's not working...

Would your team generally have the "supported" USB sticks, then?

Have they all tested the new HDMU E2 in Alien2 with different USB sticks or are you talking in general terms?

Seriously, I think that the image would greatly benefit from a really good quality, versatile Device Manager, doing all it can do - then, no problem...

Anyways, I asked a specific question re. your fstab system, the syntax, how are you mounting various pieces of HW (USB sticks in this case), so I can try to mount them that way, so FW can see the USB stick...

Can you have a look and help, please:

# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
#
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults 0 0
LABEL=RECORD /hdd auto defaults,errors=remount-ro,noatime,nodiratime
LABEL=SWAPPART none swap sw
LABEL=USB1 /autofs/sdb1 auto defaults,errors=remount-ro,noatime,nodiratime
LABEL=USB2 /autofs/sdb2 auto defaults,errors=remount-ro,noatime,nodiratime

One more thing to ponder: FE can't see my HDD either - not just the USB stick - and HDD is seen in /media/hdd (as opposed to USB which isn't) and on top of that it is mounted in an extra manner via HDD Manager, which is a plugin made for that purpose alone and so it is a bit baffling, as this FE is source code and for OpenPLi based images...

Bigsailor 69
02.04.2013, 10:49
Next image with full root space will be at server in one hour Thankyou for posting this new image. I just installed on my Amiko Alien 2 and seems to work ok. It also looks that the remote control is acting faster than the ones in the past.
Great Job!

gorski
03.05.2013, 15:56
So, basically no support, I must notice...

I asked a specific question re. fstab syntax and so forth but...

Most of us have serious problems with memory, clogged up image that doesn't allow much to be installed etc.

Does anyone in the team have ears to hear and capacity to deal with those problems or do we simply move on to other images?!?

jay
03.05.2013, 18:01
So, basically no support, I must notice...

you get, what you pay for.
you paid what? nothing? well...
go and buy you commercial support and you will get all your questions answerd.

I asked a specific question re. fstab syntax and so forth but...

you asked a fragment of a question. and - fstab is nothing special to hdmu, neither to receiver at all.
it is an basic linux question and you can find the answer at any linux newbie tut...

Most of us have serious problems with memory, clogged up image that doesn't allow much to be installed etc.

who ist "most of us"?
nearly all of US have no problems at all, and it works like a charm.
so it is rather likely that it is one of your modifications, that destroys the normal function.

Does anyone in the team have ears to hear and capacity to deal with those problems or do we simply move on to other images?!?
noone will step your way. this is a private project with no commercial bindings.
so, if you have questions, you have to wait until someone answers.
and - if you ask clearly, exact and understandable, you have better chances.
if you want to use an beta image, you have to learn at least some basic linux things, such as how to partition, format and mount devices, instead of nuggling the developers to write you an useless gui for such basic things...

2ct
jay

gorski
03.05.2013, 21:21
you get, what you pay for.
you paid what? nothing? well...
go and buy you commercial support and you will get all your questions answerd.

Firstly, learn some manners...

Secondly, the question is a legitimate kind of question.

Thirdly, one gives back feedback which is correct. That is the beginning of any change for the better.

If you do not understand that you understand nothing. Never mind the rather heavy lack of manners...

you asked a fragment of a question.

Nonsense! I asked a full, properly explained question.

If you want a full debate on the subject you need willing debating partners with some degree of humility. Arrogance will not get you very far...

You can see it in action, between OpenPLi coders, Gutemine, myself and Stibbich re. Flash Expander, in 2 separate threads on OpenPLi forum. Most debaters there do have some manners, to begin with and they are interested in debating the issues! Moreover, disagreements can be seen even in the OpenPLi team, but at the same time there is this crucial bit: openness to debate them, which is the first step to improvement. And no, I didn't find it here, sadly...

and - fstab is nothing special to hdmu, neither to receiver at all.
it is an basic linux question and you can find the answer at any linux newbie tut...

Nonsense! You are talking from your butt and not by observing facts!

I've been around for a while and I know what a standard fstab looks like! HDMU fstab file is NOT standard, hence - again: a legitimate! - question!

who ist "most of us"?
nearly all of US have no problems at all, and it works like a charm.
so it is rather likely that it is one of your modifications, that destroys the normal function.

Had you read any of what I wrote with any attention and due care, you would have seen that the modification is NOT POSSIBLE!!!

So, again, no manners and arrogance which prevents you from understanding the question, for starters. Hence, no debate with you seems possible. However, if you had a bit of humility...

I am on a forum (or three) full of people regularly testing HDMU, ARP, HRNIGMA etc. etc. They all conclude that HDMU is clogged up and very quickly slows down dramatically, no space to put in plugins and so forth... All of them are - what? Inferior?

noone will step your way. this is a private project with no commercial bindings.
so, if you have questions, you have to wait until someone answers.

No kidding, Zweistein... And I always thought that an answer comes before the question is even put forward... Blimey! (And that's aside from the sheer arrogance and general condescension of your tone...)

and - if you ask clearly, exact and understandable, you have better chances.
if you want to use an beta image, you have to learn at least some basic linux things, such as how to partition, format and mount devices, instead of nuggling the developers to write you an useless gui for such basic things...

2ct
jay

1) "GUIs" are NOT useless!!! I wrote some of the best on the scene. Inform yourself before you make an arse of yourself, so freely...

I have been doing that for donkey's years, son... Look above to start UNDERSTANDING the ISSUES first...

2) What I ask for is NOT BASICS, else this image would have had it, I suppose... If it is 'basics', then surely it would not be too difficult to implement those tools and modifications, quickly even...

3) A really good, capable,. versatile, quality Device Manager takes a long time to code. Thousands of lines of finely tuned stuff, carefully tested and perfected over a long period of time. See the one I mentioned before and LEARN!!! Else, you are embarrassing yourself pretty badly in an open court, so to speak...

Now, off you go to play with the other kiddies...

jay
03.05.2013, 23:56
fortunately i will not go down to your level.
you ask for manners, but your post(s) totally lacks of them.
you dont even understand the meaning of my words.

eot

Joker7
04.05.2013, 00:07
...quiet friends ... @gorski has its " own way " of expressing themselves...

gorski
04.05.2013, 00:57
Jay, the level of arrogance and especially condescension (if you understand the meaning of that word) indicates clearly that before you come UP to my level you will have to do some maturing, some serious growing up for a fair few years... and it will not be easy, given the gravity of your transgression in that single post!!!

When you show some respect you will get it back! When you show some manners they will come your way! When you recognise others - other will recognise you.

In the meantime, you reap what you sow...

P.S. Joker, you say nothing of substance because in his action there is no substance, just bluster of somebody as arrogant and as condescending as they come...

neipe
04.05.2013, 02:46
i think , thats enough.