PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : [spark] [EN] Clipping sound, Golden Media, 10847

piratedish
01.04.2013, 18:42
Hi, ich schreibe diesen Beitrag in deutscher Sprache. Ich habe keine international Teil gefunden, entschuldigung. Sie können mir antworten im Deutsch, weil Deutsch lesen kein problem ist:

Using HDMU for one day now, I can say I'm very happy with the image. It feels stable and clean, and didn't crash so far on my Golden Media Reloaded. I have experience with OpenPLi, so was originally looking for OpenPLi Hybrid, but support isn't available for that one. At least not in a language I read.

After setting up satellites and channel lists, choosing the PLi skin, I run into a technical downside. Namely the clipping of sound at higher volumes. Your image digitally amplifies the sound which shouldn't be the case. I often set the box's volume at max and adjust the volume in my amplifier. The output I use for it is SP/DIF, but probably also HDMI suffer from this.

I believe the sound should be traveled bitwise 1-on-1 to the external DAC. In the Spark image I can't even control volume output, but clipping doesn't occur. I didn't test OpenPLi Hybrid for this, but normal OpenPLi does it right. Or at least make clear in the sound bar at what volume the sound is digitally ampliefied.

Thanks for this wonderful image nevertheless!