PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Amiko images and OnErrorRestartService plugin?

gorski
04.06.2013, 15:52
Hi, guys!

Some of us would like to use your cool images but...

We need, like in HDMU v.1394,

1) support for OnErrorRestartService plugin, i.e. for dmesg to be working, i.e. to be supported in your image...

And while you are at it, speaking frankly and giving proper feedback, could you also look at:

2) low frequencies problems
3) DDsubtitle Player plugin
4) CrossEPG plugin
5) streaming to PC (new HDMU does not support it [I better mention: I have not tried the latest version of your image yet])
6) fstab is poorly done and needs to be re-thought/re-done/re-structured, so we can edit it properly, adding our device as well as in other images
7) HDD Manager needs to be redone, so it allows for an HDD and USB stick as well, and then choose between the two where to send a SWAP file, recording files. timeshift files, EPG, picons, 1Channel, Subtitle files etc. etc.

Many thanx in advance!

santa
04.06.2013, 18:48
1. dmesg only will be in debig images, because they are slower than nodebug.
2. this would be a driver problem, but we donīt fix drivers, because this is job for spark
3.+4. you can download from our feed
5. our image is very uptodate to openpli, they test some things, we have to wait until they are ready
6. we donīt build an image for only one box, we support 23, you need only a label RECORD, so whatīs the Problem?
7. when we have too much time, maybe, but i donīt think that anybody want to split all files to other devices...

SickMF
04.06.2013, 19:17

Yes, we can, but that's not the main problem. DD works very very bad and unstable. For example, after a few downloaded subtitles, requires a restart receiver to DD continued to work.

How to get to the debug version with "dmesg", because the download section contains only nodebug?

santa
04.06.2013, 19:32
you have to ask for that, then we will build a debug image, if we think that help to find issues.

we donīt are the dev for that plugin, may the problem is in this plugin, not in image.

gorski
04.06.2013, 19:50
OK, let's see if HDMU Team can actually hear us out and listen to the users... I have compiled these observations from many users on other forums...

1. dmesg only will be in debig images, because they are slower than nodebug.

Maybe HDMU would actually be quicker - you know, after a while, when your images get clogged up and CS is no longer working - with dmesg and this plugin that restarts a service... Something to think about, it seems to me. Maybe an ON/OFF switch for it, so user decides if s/he? wants it ON or OFF, i.e. if it is needed...

I am a great believer in flexibility and giving the user options, with proper information, so we learn and set up the system the way we need it, specifically for each individual's needs!

2. this would be a driver problem, but we donīt fix drivers, because this is job for spark

Actually, in some images it works, so why not in HDMU? ;) In fact, if you do listen to us, it will work in HDMU. :)

Simply download the attachment to this message and implement in your next image, thanx be to the knowledgeable and good willed people who wrote this little marvel! :)

stv090x.ko into lib/modules and replace the old one....restart enigma and low and behold, the low frequencies are working...

My translation only...

Here: 4286

See Sick's reply, above mine. This requires some thinking on the part of the image coder, too... Why? Because it is working better in some images. So, some adjustment here and there may make your image much more usable in many countries, where people use subtitles etc.

5. our image is very uptodate to openpli, they test some things, we have to wait until they are ready

Let's hope for the best. Some people really need this, to watch away from the women and kids... ;) What is perplexing is that in Russian Team's Project it works, so why not in HDMU?

6. we donīt build an image for only one box, we support 23, you need only a label RECORD, so whatīs the Problem?

I'll tell you what is the problem, precisely! Let's see if you can hear us out, though... ;)

Since you are building your image for many boxes then the fstab file should be according to some Linux standards observed working properly in other boxes...

No hard feelings and no offence intended but the truth be told - your fstab looks like a joke at the moment... Especially since one can have a USB hub or like in Alien2 - 2 USB ports, so one may need an HDD and a USB memory stick. I hope you not only can understand but are willing to hear us out... You know, us the users, so your images are an even bigger hit... ;) :)

7. when we have too much time, maybe, but i donīt think that anybody want to split all files to other devices...

I am not sure I understand your point. This is kind of going hand in glove with fstab improvements.

What is essential is that one should not put picons and other constantly used little files on a device (HDD) with moving parts...

Good luck with your project! Your fortunes are our fortunes... ;)

bonkel
04.06.2013, 19:56
OK, let's see if HDMU Team can actually hear us out and listen to the users... I have compiled these observations from many users on other forums...

Maybe HDMU would actually be quicker - you know, after a while, when your images get clogged up and CS is no longer working - with dmesg and this plugin that restarts a service... Something to think about, it seems to me. Maybe an ON/OFF switch for it, so user decides if s/he? wants it ON or OFF, i.e. if it is needed...

Let's hope for the best. Some people really need this, to watch away from the women and kids... ;) What is perplexing is that in Russian Team's Project it works, so why not in HDMU?

we not support cs
and why streaming works in russioan image, because this os old openpli image not a nightly build

the point with the driver, where is the source of it, and why it is not in tdt git, the home of sh4 boxes????

santa
04.06.2013, 20:00
switch between debug/nodebug isnīt possible in one image, but we want to have a fast image.

we donīt copy ko files in our image, please ask for sources and put them in to git, we can do this too.

openpli have changed things a few weeks ago, our image is uptodate, the russian one is maybe one year older...

i donīt understand whatīs your problem with hdd and usb.
create more parts on your hdd, then you didnīt need a stick.

zeini
04.06.2013, 20:01
Use for your hdd and USB stick UUID in fsatb. This work fine.

gorski
04.06.2013, 20:17
Btw, Sick just told us that the image with dmesg was a nodebug image: HDMU_1394_E2_spark_211_git_4968_nodebug_nolcd_Diff 0_ffm

- - - Updated - - -

we not support cs

Almost everybody says so and everybody does it anyway... C'mon... You want your image to be used, right? :)

Anyway, strictly speaking, this is about a service being restarted when it gets clogged up, that's all... Surely not too much to ask...

and why streaming works in russioan image, because this os old openpli image not a nightly build

No need for the latest all the time. This is a fad. What is needed is that something functions. "No matter if the cat is black or white but whether or not is catches mice!" :D

the point with the driver, where is the source of it, and why it is not in tdt git, the home of sh4 boxes????

One does not look into horses mouth if the horse is a gift... :D

It was just done, probably it will be pushed soon... ;)

- - - Updated - - -

...i donīt understand whatīs your problem with hdd and usb.
create more parts on your hdd, then you didnīt need a stick.

I explained it in the earlier message... Feel free... Also, feel free to do the fstab properly, please...

Zeini, sure but one should be able to see the syntax, used in accordance with Linux standards and act accordingly...

I wouldn't necessarily know all this but once I am given the correct guidance, in accordance with an image I will figure it out and do something right... ;)

bonkel
04.06.2013, 20:19
if you dont want new nightly image, dont use our image and you russioan image, its easy......

SickMF
04.06.2013, 20:33
No, we "dont want new nightly image", we want useful E2 for Spark.
Danke.

bonkel
04.06.2013, 20:38
then dont use our image.......

gorski
04.06.2013, 20:53
Sorry, but this sounds all wrong...

1) We do not want to make fully functioning images, we just want to be "in vogue"?!?

2) We also do not want to listen to users because we only make these images for... ahem... for whom? "Ourselves?"

Are you sure about this?

bonkel
04.06.2013, 21:01
we are a hobby team not a company we dont sell our enigma2 , so we can do want we want in our free time

SickMF
04.06.2013, 21:10
You have right, but that's not ok ;)

gorski
04.06.2013, 21:12
we are a hobby team not a company we dont sell our enigma2 ,

Who are you fighting here? No one accused you of it, no one even remotely implied otherwise, so...???

so we can do want we want in our free time

Well, who said otherwise?

The questions/observations, however, you sidestepped.

I see this as weakness, not strength. Also, possibly as extremly pompous and arrogant. That will immediately reduce many (potential) users of your image immediately...

So, a last question: what do you want to achieve? Have you asked yourself this simple question?

If you haven't, then it sounds mildly autistic, I have to say...

But that is not for me, thanx...

Bye!

bonkel
04.06.2013, 21:13
because im pissed off, when i write cs is not supported then accept that and dont discuss that with me

Wertes
04.06.2013, 21:17
You have right, but that's not ok ;)

For me and i guess 99% of all hdmu users thats ok! If you have a need for additional functions please feel free to provide this in this forum or provide a seperate image by ourself. For me the hdmu images are fine and i devinatly thank all the devs for providing these images for my boxes. Please note its all done in their freetime and free for us! So if you need more functions please change the way you claim for it.

regards, chris.

SickMF
04.06.2013, 21:23
The whole discussion has nothing to do with cs. My colleague has just mentioned. Picture may freeze when watching free HD channels, and then plugin that requires the support of dmesg, do restart service instead users. Thats all.

I do not see the essence of being your forum, if users are not allowed to make suggestions.
Greetings.

gorski
04.06.2013, 21:28
I am also pissed off with that aloof attitude of yours, bonkel, so I am leaving this forum and your image I once favoured... Sadly!

I know many coders but when they are like this, I simply leave - there are many with some humility, you see...

What I mean is that they are aware they are writing to an audience and therefore know how to listen!

Listening to their users/audience is - to my mind - a good thing... But you seem to differ...

If you can not stand the heat...

But it goes both ways...

Wertes
04.06.2013, 21:30
They are and maybe the devs are already think about a soulution. But all is done step by step. And cmon these images are fine besides one or two problems.

Regards, chris