PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : [spark] why is there a softcam menu and a Overclock menu

satrich
27.06.2013, 09:00
Since ages there is HDMU center in this image.

And since the beginning it simply doesn't work.

Softcam is running in my image. According to HDMU center.... ther is no softcam running. WTF???
Also since the beginning of HDMU there is a overclock menu. Also this is still NOT working. Only error.
Am I the only one having this?

Well not a big deal. The rest of the image is perfect. But as far as I am concerned you can ditch the HDMU center because it only shows bullshit.

Amiko Alien 8900.

morly
27.06.2013, 09:10
why these things are in the image? simple answer: because they are working great (for most boxes i guess).
this is true for my ufs910 and ufs913

so - if you have problems, a little more details would be helpful...
image version, how did you install the emu (via feed??)

Ant10
27.06.2013, 09:52
Yes, I can confirm that specially the emu menu is working fine with my Spark (GM990).

olie
27.06.2013, 10:24
I can confirm that bug.

I have Pingulux (not Plus) and I always update the box with latest HDMU image.
Since I remember softcam shows no active emu even oscam runs fine and overclocking shows error even
box runs normally on 600 MHz.

But you know, I'm not complaining because otherwise HDMU image works great..

morly
27.06.2013, 10:31
no active emu was a bug a long time ago - so it should work now...
how do you install the cam? are you using a backup? does the problem remain if you install a fresh image and fresh installs of you emu, ... WITHOUT a backup function?

olie
27.06.2013, 10:48
Yes, the problem remains even when I Install fresh image. I'm flashing the box with your morly tool. And no active softcam it shows even I install the oscam with first assistance guide from HDMU feed. And it shows no active softcam when I install oscam using the backup function as well.(from box menu, not from morly tool).

To be precise, after the first boot it shows emu and overclocking correctly but after few minutes the bug appears.

MWTeddy10
27.06.2013, 16:41
I am using an Amiko Alien 8900, too and it works great, both features. I always update via USB and add all plugins via feed except Multiquickbutton.

bonkel
27.06.2013, 21:43
i know what your problem is, you dont use swap, and without swap you look webstreams, then the freeram goes down, and no command works right, so no right output in softcam or overclock control...
if you open media center -> my music , you get an error reboot

vorhersage aus :)

olie
27.06.2013, 23:43
Do hast recht, I'm not using swap.

olie
28.06.2013, 00:18
i know what your problem is, you dont use swap, and without swap you look webstreams, then the freeram goes down, and no command works right, so no right output in softcam or overclock control...
if you open media center -> my music , you get an error reboot

vorhersage aus :)
Should I made the SWAP folder or partition first on HDD? Or SWAP activation is enough and it will make SWAP folder automatically?

morly
28.06.2013, 06:56
Depends whether you are using the USB of the Flash Image...
If you are using the flash image you need to add an USB device (so a partition with label SWAPFILE) before activating SWAP - if you are using an USB image just activating the SWAP is enough

olie
28.06.2013, 08:52
Thank you Morly,

I use flash image and I have USB memory stick with one partition (movie type). I'm not near the Pingulux right now, so I cannot check it. But I think it is movie partition with folders: movie, timeshift, backup, picon, there are some files like epg.dat and morly tool folder etc.. Should I make just another folder called swap or do I need to make a new partition process in order to get two partitions (movie partition and swap partition)?

morly
28.06.2013, 09:49
Hi olie,
I would suggest to make 2 partitions (all files of hdd will be lost)
One movie partition and one swap partition.
If you make a swappartition you can:

make a SWAPPART: so about 1GB and use my tool to create a swappart
make a SWAPFILE partition: create an ext part and label it SWAPFILE (new way)

But if you are re-partitioning your HDD you could add more partitions - maybe you want to try an USB-Image in the future...

Best,
morly

olie
28.06.2013, 09:57
Hi olie,
I would suggest to make 2 partitions (all files of hdd will be lost)
One movie partition and one swap partition.
If you make a swappartition you can:

make a SWAPPART: so about 1GB and use my tool to create a swappart
make a SWAPFILE partition: create an ext part and label it SWAPFILE (new way)

But if you are re-partitioning your HDD you could add more partitions - maybe you want to try an USB-Image in the future...

Best,
morly

Great! Thank U,

I'll try it.

morly
28.06.2013, 10:09
Hi,
if you use my tool I would suggest the following:
4 partitions:

SWAPPART or SWAPFILE (1GB)
MINI 1 (1GB) - for usb image 1
MINI 2 (1GB) - for usb image 2
MOVIE (rest of the disk)

Start with creating 4 partitions, then changing the size beginning with part 1. Automatically the rest of the disk size will be used for the movie part.
The swap-part and the movie part can easily be created by right-mouse-click on the partition - once the partition table was created

Good luck!

olie
28.06.2013, 10:13
OK, hopefully I'll manage it..

morly
28.06.2013, 10:16
... otherwise let me know - I'll guide you through ;)

olie
29.06.2013, 20:32
Hi,
if you use my tool I would suggest the following:
4 partitions:

SWAPPART or SWAPFILE (1GB)
MINI 1 (1GB) - for usb image 1
MINI 2 (1GB) - for usb image 2
MOVIE (rest of the disk)

Start with creating 4 partitions, then changing the size beginning with part 1. Automatically the rest of the disk size will be used for the movie part.
The swap-part and the movie part can easily be created by right-mouse-click on the partition - once the partition table was created

Good luck!
Morly, I have troubles,
I made repartition with MINI1, MINI2, MINI3, MINI4 labels. First I changed partition sizes to 1GB, 1GB, 1GB and the rest. After that I changed partition no. 4 to Record label and partition no.1 to SWAPPART. I rebooted box and activated swap. And reboot box again but I cannot mount the SWAPPART. It remain light grey. Please check enclosed pictures. Thanks for your help in advance. Olie