PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Saving Settings when updating Image

moose24
02.10.2013, 16:18
hello everyone
can someone make a quick tutorial (in english please) on how to save settings like picons, channel list, and other parameters when changing or updating the image

thanks in advance !

morly
02.10.2013, 16:46
two ways (to make it short)
you can define your files to be saved with the image ("Settingsübernahme") or use external tools like the Admin Tool
What do you prefer?

moose24
02.10.2013, 16:51
two ways (to make it short)
you can define your files to be saved with the image ("Settingsübernahme") or use external tools like the Admin Tool
What do you prefer?
hummm... dont know the simplest way !

morly
02.10.2013, 18:42
I always use and prefer the Admin Tool (ok right - I am the author... :) )
Have you ever tried it? Does it run on your computer?
Which box and which image are you using? How do you install the image?

moose24
02.10.2013, 19:14
well i just tried it but it's a little bit complicated..
i have octagon sf1008g+se+ with HDMU image 11424 on external usb disk

in the admin tool i didn't found my box on boxtype !

ReWard
02.10.2013, 20:20
For problems with the tool, please look and write in the Tool Thread, there we will help you.

May be, your problem to connect is written there, pherhaps in the older threads.

moose24
02.10.2013, 23:03
For problems with the tool, please look and write in the Tool Thread, there we will help you.

May be, your problem to connect is written there, pherhaps in the older threads.
i'm sure it's written but i don't understand deustch, that's why i opened a new thread here

another question : can i update the image from the plugin "Software Managment" ??

morly
02.10.2013, 23:14
OK - I am not an expert in the first way but with the admin tool.
You will see - this is very easy...
When you connect the tool, even with unknown box type (important for bootargs), please change to the USB Tab - can you see anything? - Means: your partitions (USB, HDD)
If so please provide me a screenshot. Then I will create you a personal backup rule :)

ReWard
02.10.2013, 23:31
You can only update some changes in the Image, not the whole Image.

You can also write in english in the Tool thread, so morly can see if s.o. has problems with the Tool. Maybe it gets lost in this sektion. :)

Edit: much tool late, I think I opened too much tabs in the browser, or the board is slow.

moose24
03.10.2013, 11:52
OK - I am not an expert in the first way but with the admin tool.
You will see - this is very easy...
When you connect the tool, even with unknown box type (important for bootargs), please change to the USB Tab - can you see anything? - Means: your partitions (USB, HDD)
If so please provide me a screenshot. Then I will create you a personal backup rule :)
here you go !! :)
ps: i want to save channel list, picons(if possible), network settings, skins and misc enigma settings and installed plugins if possible of course

thanks

morly
03.10.2013, 14:27
Cool - congratulations!
OK - I can see a bug of my tool (/dev/root appears twice)

regarding your problem:
channel list can be saved, also picons (where are they located? /picons ?) and network settings. Plugins must be installed newly - skins should be...
What do you mean with misc enigma settings?

moose24
03.10.2013, 15:44
Cool - congratulations!
OK - I can see a bug of my tool (/dev/root appears twice)

regarding your problem:
channel list can be saved, also picons (where are they located? /picons ?) and network settings. Plugins must be installed newly - skins should be...
What do you mean with misc enigma settings?
- picons are in /usr/share/enigma2/picon
- for misc setting i meant the general settings and user settings and also the tuner settings