PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Hdmu image

kaktuscar
10.10.2013, 19:22
Hi, I'd like to install HDMU image on usb. I own katherin ufs 910 and I need the appropriate image, also can you can share with me a link where I could get to know this image better.

Another thing, i read on one of the forums that the optimal size of the usb stick is 1 or 2 gb and I was wondering if this is correct, or an usb of the bigger size is needed, as I want to create 4 partitions on which I would have 3 usb images. Thank you very much.
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

morly
10.10.2013, 19:27
Download the image for the UFS910 (there is only the USB variant - so you cannot choose the wrong one)
There is no link for further information - just install and test it ;)

1 or 2 gb sticks are fine (also bigger ones are working).
I use a 2gb stick with 4 partitions - works pretty fine...

For partitionizing and installing the images I suggest to use the admin tool - makes your live easier...

ReWard
10.10.2013, 19:43
.....I own katherin ufs 910 and I need the appropriate image, also can you can share with me a link where I could get to know this image better. https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

......Learning by doing. Enjoy HDMU.

As I told you before, and there is no guide here.

Another thing, i read on one of the forums that the optimal size of the usb stick is 1 or 2 gb and I was wondering if this is correct, or an usb of the bigger size is needed, as I want to create 4 partitions on which I would have 3 usb images. Thank you very much.
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

It's working

Thank You @morly and @ReWard for your help

I thought it is working, so what do you want to change?

kaktuscar
10.10.2013, 19:49
Download the image for the UFS910 (there is only the USB variant - so you cannot choose the wrong one)
There is no link for further information - just install and test it ;)

1 or 2 gb sticks are fine (also bigger ones are working).
I use a 2gb stick with 4 partitions - works pretty fine...

For partitionizing and installing the images I suggest to use the admin tool - makes your live easier...

If I create 4 partition with Morly Tool according to your earlier suggestions (dev sda 1 vfat and dev sda 2,3,4 ext 2) will the botargds in box stay same or I will have to make some corrections like when u did for me before. Thank you.

morly
10.10.2013, 19:54
bootargs are from sda2-4 (so second to fourth) - but however, you can change them accordingly
whether you need changes or not - no idea - if it doesn't work just post your bootargs and we will adopt them

kaktuscar
10.10.2013, 20:08
As I told you before, and there is no guide here.

I thought it is working, so what do you want to change?

everything is ok with image that i installed earlier but i want
to do it with smaller usb (2 gb) and on that usb i want again install pkt hyperion and hdmu which i want to test.

ReWard
10.10.2013, 20:13
So do the same you did before and it will work, now you know how to do it.

kaktuscar
11.10.2013, 00:38
what is the difference betwene this two images : HDMU_11447_E2_ufs910_209_git_5557_nodebug_gst_USB. tar.gz.md5 and HDMU_11447_E2_ufs910_209_git_5557_nodebug_gst_USB. tar.gz and which is better for my box(kathrein ufs 910

KleinerSchelm
11.10.2013, 03:17
md5 is a checksume file from the tar.gz.

what you need is tar.gz

morly
11.10.2013, 08:30
by the way - i am just using this thread but this is my general impression from the last time:
a little reading and trying to understand things rather then always immediately asking would be great. the question about the md5 file was asked for ~1000 times here. have a look at the file size - how should this md5 be an image? when you enter md5 at google you get detailed descriptions about it (by the way - first link)
we all are willing to help, but sometimes i have the feeling that people stopped working on problems and just do what others suggest and ask immediately again...
I can remember when I got my first ufs910 - I did many night shifts to understand bootargs, partitions, manipulating bootargs and get usb images to work ;)