PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : HDMU 11505 - Alien 2 - Opentv 28.2 Problem

fatboy7
20.10.2013, 17:25
Hi All.

I've had this problem on the last few images, any help would be much appriciated.

Using 11505 on a Alien 2, with latest Crossepg.

When useing opentv on 28.2 for EPG data, it swiches to the radio channel, then doesnt read any channels, go's through the rest of the process, but no epg data. Looking at the crossepg DB info, it also states no channel count.

If I use an Rytec provider for UK, works fine, but the EPG data is very long when viewing in CoolTv or stock epg's (shows program, type of program, series etc etc).

I've reimaged a few time's, deleted epg.dat and the crossepg folder's, and reinstalled crossepg a few times. I've also tryed my own listing, and cateseye's, and even deleted the lot and did a full service scan.

Two questions:

1. Any thing else I can try to get optentv on 28.2 to read channels and pull back epg data (preffered choice).

2. Is there any way of displaying short epg data, in any of the epg's

Many thanks in advance.

fatboy7
20.10.2013, 23:15
Hi All.

I've had this problem on the last few images, any help would be much appriciated.

Using 11505 on a Alien 2, with latest Crossepg.

When useing opentv on 28.2 for EPG data, it swiches to the radio channel, then doesnt read any channels, go's through the rest of the process, but no epg data. Looking at the crossepg DB info, it also states no channel count.

If I use an Rytec provider for UK, works fine, but the EPG data is very long when viewing in CoolTv or stock epg's (shows program, type of program, series etc etc).

I've reimaged a few time's, deleted epg.dat and the crossepg folder's, and reinstalled crossepg a few times. I've also tryed my own listing, and cateseye's, and even deleted the lot and did a full service scan.

Two questions:

1. Any thing else I can try to get optentv on 28.2 to read channels and pull back epg data (preffered choice).

2. Is there any way of displaying short epg data, in any of the epg's

Many thanks in advance.

Just seen that 11566 is available, would this have any fix's for the above problem. I will try as soon as I can.

Many thanks....

snoon
22.10.2013, 15:01
I can't help but watching this thread as I'm also having EPG issues on my Alien 2.

It goes through the download process but won't populate my EPG with data.

I've gone back to Spark until I can get this sorted.

Cheers
Shaun

fatboy7
30.10.2013, 23:45
Hi snoon.

Sorry for the delay (holiday), I can still get epg data via one of the online providers for 28.2 but not keen on the amount of data you get to see in a little space in coolTV guide, or the built in epg's. Sorry for being fickle its just my preference.

Not sure I would go back to spark just yet, as good as it is, I love what HDMU can do for the box and as always worth sticking with until a fix comes along.

I havnt had time yet to play with the newer images yet, but going to try now, I'll come back with any feedback.

Cheers...

snoon
31.10.2013, 10:03
Is your TV guide really slow?

It's been suggested to me that I should remove the cootvguide plugin and re-add it so will give it a try over the weekend at some point.

fatboy7
31.10.2013, 18:34
Not to bad, after the epg button is pressed I get the full page of cooltv guide in about a second and fairly quick going through the pages etc. I do use a sandisk ultra usb stick for the epg data and swap file, and leave the HDD to do recordings etc, so that may speed things up for me. Cheers...

snoon
31.10.2013, 20:17
It's just taken 14 mins to load the first page after pressing EPG so something is defo wrong with my setup.

fatboy7
04.11.2013, 23:19
If it helps, I fixed it by uninstalling crossepg, deleting all crossepg folders and all epg.dat's. Downloaded crossepg 0.62 svn268 sh4.ipk, FTP'd to tmp, and manually installed, full restart and 28.2 openTV works great.

Hope it helps...

snoon
05.11.2013, 15:28
How do you manually install it?

I know how to FTP it to the box but not how to install?

Thanks

fatboy7
05.11.2013, 20:20
Menu > Plugins > Software Managment > Install Local Extension > Navigate to TMP > Install IPK > Press enter to get a green tick next to your IPK > Then install (green). Done.