PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : HS7110/HS7810A: Own images do not start, but HDMU images do

Audioniek
27.12.2013, 17:52
I am trying to build an E2 image for a Fortis HS7110 using the max-git as starting point. I have reached the point where the image gets built without errors, and I have generated a root.img.
The receiver is a Rebox RE-2200 which has loader 6.46 with USB boot enabled (hold channel down during power up).

HDMU images load fine:

FrTs
(Re)start USB...
Front USB: scanning bus for devices... 2 USB Device(s) found
scanning bus for storage devices... 1 Storage Device(s) found
262144000 root.img
3035106 uimage

2 file(s), 0 dir(s)

reading uImage
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............................................
ret=> 3035106
Wait [1]
Wait [2]
Wait [3]
Wait [4]
Wait [5]
Wait [6]
ext2fs_check_if_mount: Can't check if filesystem is mounted due to missing mtab file while determining whether /mnt/root.img is mounted.
/mnt/root.img: clean, 5344/64000 files, 100943/256000 blocks
mount root
INIT: version 2.86 booting
init frontpanel
WAIT 1 min
mknod: /dev/avs: File exists
mknod: /dev/fuse: File exists
Mount /dev in tmpfs
Copying device nodes to /dev
Starting portmap daemon...Bus error
failed!
Loading autofs
Starting autofsMounting local filesystems...
mount: mounting LABEL=RECORD on /hdd failed: No such file or directory
Cleaning /tmp /var/run /var/lock.
Hostname: HS7110.
init stmfb
LOADING MODULES
load firmware
copLoadFile (file /boot/audio.elf)
ustslave: Kernel Version: 24
base_address 0x40400000
seeking to 0
~
seeking to 1aaf00
copLoadFile (file /boot/video.elf)
base_address 0x40000000
seeking to 0
~
seeking to 186e00
init embx
init AVS
skip mpeg2
starting telnetd
Starting FTP server: vsftpd.
Model: hs7110
[and so on...]

My own image does not load. It loads the kernel:

FrTs
(Re)start USB...
262144000 root.img
1800833 uimage

2 file(s), 0 dir(s)

reading uImage
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........................
ret=> 1800833

And then nothing more happens.

However, if I use the HDMU uImage and my own root.img, loading is successful, but a crash occurs after starting the root because of the non-matching kernel:

FrTs
(Re)start USB...
262144000 root.img
3035106 uimage

2 file(s), 0 dir(s)

reading uImage
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............................................
ret=> 3035106
Wait [1]
Wait [2]
Wait [3]
Wait [4]
Wait [5]
Wait [6]
ext2fs_check_if_mount: Can't check if filesystem is mounted due to missing mtab file while determining whether /mnt/root.img is mounted.
root.img: clean, 6655/64000 files, 121097/256000 blocks
mount root
INIT: version 2.86 booting
init frontpanel
WAIT 1 min
Mount /dev in tmpfs
Copying device nodes to /dev
Starting portmap daemon....
Starting DEBUG Interface
Mounting local filesystems...
Cleaning /tmp /var/run /var/lock.
Hostname: hs7110.
starting telnetd
init stmfb
insmod: can't insert '/lib/modules/stmcore-display-sti7111.ko': unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter
insmod: can't insert '/lib/modules/stmfb.ko': unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter
LOADING MODULES
load a firmware
copLoadFile (file /boot/audio.elf)
stslave: Kernel Version: 24
base_address 0x40400000
seeking to 0
~
seeking to 1aaf00
load v firmware
copLoadFile (file /boot/video.elf)
base_address 0x40000000
seeking to 0
~
seeking to 186e00
init embx
Segmentation fault

The same problems occur with a Rebox RE-4200 with loader 6.26 (HS7810A, other images of course).

Apparently I am doing something wrong, but I have no idea what. Can anybody tell me the solution?

Regards,

Audioniek.

bonkel
27.12.2013, 18:11
you have to build max git with enigma2 branch...than our kernel should work with your image

Audioniek
27.12.2013, 22:08
Thank you for your quick reply. I cloned the enigma2 branch, and an initial build is now running (on a rather slow computer). I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Audioniek.

Audioniek
28.12.2013, 22:37
Maybe I made a mistake, but your suggestion (use enigma2 branch of max-git and HDMU uImage) yields exactly the same result:
- With own uImage: kernel is loaded, then everything stops;
- With HDMU uImage: failure to insmod two .ko's followed by a segmentation fault later on during execution of /etc/init.d/rcS.

Image built was pulled yesterday, was unmodified and built without errors on the first build run. Diff used was 5.

I have come to the conclusion that the kernel apparently lacks something: upon completion of loading, execute a script that mounts root.img, perform an fsck on it and execute /etc/init.d/rcS in it. I have no idea however how to add this. Can anybody help?

Regards,

Audioniek.

kader_73
05.03.2014, 21:48
hello ,

let's ask the question in other way ; so whitch model choose in the "make.sh" for an octagon 1008se+ ? Because i'm stuck in the same situation .
my box works well with the hs7810a HDMU image but not with my own build , even with the HDMU kernel .

bR

Audioniek
05.03.2014, 23:15
As far as I know, an Octagon SF1008SE+ is indeed an HS7810(A). If your reciever uses loader 6.20 or was upgraded to loader 6.26 it is an HS7810(A). If you want to be absolutely sure, remove the top cover (pull mains plug first) and have a look at the mainboard. It should have a text HS.... somewhere, usually near the front of the receiver.

If you build an image starting with the tdt or max git, you end up with an uImage that can be used to run directly from a USB stick with enigma in a second partition (the old way used on the FS9000 and HS9510), or in flash. The latter cannot be done as the HS7810 only has 32Mbyte of flash which is too small.
Loader L6.26 with USB option on however, just reads uImage into RAM and starts it. The kernel cannot find the rest of the directory structure, as this is on the USB stick, where the kernel apparently cannot find it.

I assume that one needs to build a kernel that uses initramfs and a script that mounts the USB stick. I have no idea how to do that.

Regards,

Audioniek.

kader_73
06.03.2014, 16:18
hello ,

thanks for your explanations, finally I was able to run the E2 installing the L6.20_pkt_loader which i used with the HAARP image ( probably includes the script) .
But unfortunately , after channel scan there is no picture on the screen . the time is set correctly in the infobar , the EPG exist also but no picture . The build is done without any errors . I don't know if this case is exposed before, if so please point me to.

Regards

Audioniek
06.03.2014, 17:58
The PKT loader script simpy changes the bootargs, so it effectively does the same as loader L6.26 does: read uImage from a stick and start it. If you now run your own E2 with the PKT script, you have me totally confused; my own E2 do not work, HDMU and PKT do with either the PKT script or loader 6.26. The PKT script is not the same as the script I hinted on; the PKT script is in the bootargs, the I script I refer to has to be in the kernel.

Regards,

Audioniek..

kader_73
06.03.2014, 21:17
Goodevening ;

To avoid confusion I removed the PKT_loader and upgrade to L6.26 ( because first i tested with 6.27 included in the last Octagon soft ) : Enigma don't start ; then downgrade to 6.20 and install the BootArgs included in the TGZ_USB_installer plugin from Eisha : Enigma start again . So the conclusion is : what pkt_loder and the BootArgs do the L6.26 and 6.27 don't .

concerning the second point , have you any idea why i don't get picture on the screen ??

Regards

Audioniek
06.03.2014, 22:29
I think I know where the confusion comes from. I thought you refererred to the subject here: http://www.hdmedia-universe.com/board/showthread.php?30-MINI-HOWTO-to-change-Loader-script-for-hs7110.
This does the same as the difference between loaders 6.20 and 6.26.

You have done something different: you installed a loader from PKT themselves. This loader, and the original 6.20 with the bootargs from the TGZ-installer run E2 the old fashioned way: entirely from the USB stick; so we are talking about two different things here.

The second problem: no picture. Just a simple question: do you test with an FTA program or a scrambled one? If latter is the case, you can not build images that decode scrambled programs from tdt or max git's.

Regards,

Audioniek.

kader_73
06.03.2014, 23:11
Yes , exactly that way ; and yes no picture tested with FTA programme .
In the config menu (make.sh) , i chose Multicom 4.0.6 , media framework: (4) gstreamr+player3 , do you think it's for something ??

If latter is the case, you can not build images that decode scrambled programs from tdt or max git's.

Do you mean , i can't use softcam as OScam or others on this image ??

Regards

kader_73
08.03.2014, 14:50
" I feel that i said somthing wrong !! if it is , so i'm sincerely sorry ."

In the service info i can see :

name : Oman tv ( exp)
Provider nilsat
Videoformat :empty
Videosize : empty
Videocodec empty
Namespace : 0x0dca0000
Service reference : 1:0:1:E1C800:CA0000:0:0:0

So as you can see , there are all informations excepte Video .

here is the log when i start e2 connected to sscom3.2 serial port ;

edit : Half solved , it was modules errors , so on changing /lib/modules with an other one from an other image with same kernel , i can receive picture but still no sound ??

here is the new log : 6683

Regards

kader_73
12.03.2014, 00:49
hello,

Well , all solved now , my build works fine , OScam running in ; and i'm watching tv on E2 built by my own .:ba1:
Now , I can smok a good one !!

Thanks for all

Regards