PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : [spark7162] Quick observations

MastaG
03.03.2014, 15:25
Hi guys,

I recently got myself a Triplex.
Hardware-wise it's a quality built receiver with 2 DVB-S2 tuners and 1 DVB-C/T tuner.
It's also very cheap ~120 euros for a Linux-based triple tuner receiver.
I find the receiver a bit large and bulky so I'd expect it would fit an internal hardrive but unfortunately it's not possible.
However it's not a big problem for me, I can always connect my USB drive.

I haven't played with the original software at all and went striaght for a Enigma2 image.
After googling a bit, I found a few images, but HDMU is the only E2 build that's truely supported on this receiver.

So I'd like to thank the HDMU team on their hard work bringen true E2 experience to this receiver!

After running it for a few weeks of heavy use I can say the following.

Pros:
- Very good picture quality in 1080p50, MUCH beter compared to my clone DM800SE
- Based on OpenPLi including all of their components like FastScan and Cable Scan
- Updated plugins, skins and cams in the feed like TSMedia

Cons:
- The OSD glitches a bit on opening/closing but it's not disturbing
- The image seems to run a bit slow, e.g. when opening the channel list there seems to be a small delay
The overal speed can compared to a regular DM800 (non-SE). Overclocking doesn't seem to help much.
I would expect it to be faster even on the default clock speed.
- The default skin... Well it's a matter of taste, I don't like the brown colors at all so I switched to the default PLi HD skin
OpenATV 4.0 integrated the MyMetrix which looks very good as well, maybe you guys could port it over and add it to the feeds?

Questions:
1. Can future updates make this image run faster? Or is it limited by closed source firmware/drivers?
2. Is it possible to create a flashable backup image on a USB drive? (like DFlash)

santa
03.03.2014, 15:35
Osd problems, try to use 1080i50
1. Skins and plugins make the Image slower.
2. Search morlys stb Admin Tool in our forum

MastaG
03.03.2014, 15:40
Thanks santa,

I'll switch to 1080i50 instead of 1080p and see if it makes a difference.

1. I know skins and plugins can slow the box down.
But I believe the default clock speed is 600MHz (if I'm not mistaken). So even on the default skin I'd expect it to be faster at that rate.
It's like the box doesn't have any kind of hardware acceleration if it comes to rendering the OSD.

2. Thanks again, I'll look up the tool.

Matt Willis
03.03.2014, 16:29
i have amiko alien 2 which is a spark7162 triplex and HDMU Feb 13 image is definitely worth using now
You will never need 1080i60 mhz because the highest transmission is only 1080i25mhz
newest HDMU image when i set it to 1080i50mhz has no glitches -ZERO-

The only better thing is the original spark image it is very fast and blind scan would be among the fastest
blind scan in the business. I still go back to it occassionally although finally I am totally happy with this
latest HDMU version. Has everything and I've even gotten MultiQuickButton working flawlessly which is in the upload center.

Couldnt be happier with HDMU enigma2 running on my spark triplex