PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : [spark7162] Pleasantly surprised with speed of latest image 12204

Matt Willis
25.04.2014, 20:39
flashed the HDMU latest image for the 100th time and was blown away with the speed improvements in general. well done HDMU coders
also look like the Terrestrial side has been drastically improved significantly, very happy it would be the best enigma2 for spark 7162 by far with these improvements

although I can say its still not up2 100% how I would like it. The speed - I would like it with the mymetrix and openstore plugins.
I would like to see the 2.0.14 version of mymetrix running on this perfectly, I don't see why it couldn't may never happen though if metrix code too thick
Also, big factor of me not running this is that often SD channels will appear as if they are blocky, this never happens using original spark side of alien 2 so another reason I turn back to spark,

now the only other way original spark firmware beats this is for the blind scan ability, maybe you could add a small plugin that can update satellites.xml this would be sufficient to blind scan :-)
Keep up the good work guys much impressed !

I had a green/white screen using this image after installing and using cooltvguide 7 basically it would not load when i pushed red and then OK on cooltvguide in extensions menu..
i had installed spark7162 keymapping already..

spectrum
25.04.2014, 23:13
I had a green/white screen using this image after installing and using cooltvguide 7 basically it would not load when i pushed red and then OK on cooltvguide in extensions menu..
i had installed spark7162 keymapping already..

I've seen this too, as have others. It might be a memory issue? Try using a swap file if you're not already and see if that fixes it.

Matt Willis
26.04.2014, 07:55
I've seen this too, as have others. It might be a memory issue? Try using a swap file if you're not already and see if that fixes it.

no problemo , i _think_ though I already had it on when I was testing my luck with mymetrix 2.0.14 and rebooted once
I will try this again later and see.

I think the small size of the processor and RAM accounts for probably 90% of the issues we see in spark 7162 alien 2.
but original spark firmware handles all this perfectly. I don't see why hdmu could not get the same results. unless the code python is not very good in memory management.
perhaps java (i think what spark is based on) is better for that. just putting it out there, I am certainly no programming wizz, programmed a few things in linux env, kernel modules and simple trojans but nothing
as advanced using interface and I certainly don't understand memory use w/ these