PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : [topf] HDMU auf CF Karte an SATA

Hadrian
26.02.2015, 19:41
Leider auf Englisch:

Hi, I have been trying te get HDMU working on a CF-card, with a SATA-connector.
I got it booting, however, something goes wrong while mounting the root-partition (/).

Anyone here on this board who can provide me with more info?
The CF-SATA connector is good; the card is recognized as a hard-drive and not as a removable medium.

What I tried:
Repartition and format 4GB CF-card:
/dev/sda1 MINI9 (2GB)
/dev/sda2 SWAPPART (256MB)
/dev/sda3 RECORD (1.7GB)

Install with regular stick from HDMU without pertitioning and formatting (if I choose to partition, it goes wrong, so does formatting). Install is OK.

Reboot: Root-filesystem is mounted read-only, causing all kinds of stuff not to work.

[mountall] Mounting local filesystems...^M
VIDEO_SELECT_SOURCE MEMORY (Success)^M
VIDEO_PLAY (Success)^M
VIDEO_CONTINUE: (Success)^M
VIDEO_CLEAR_BUFFER: (Invalid argument)^M
period 110, delay 10^M
Using period=110 delay=10^M
[SEM] DOWN^M
Deconfiguring network interfaces... ifdown: can't open '/var/run/ifstate': Read-only file system^M
done.^M

Reboot again: Root-filesystem not mounted at all

[mountvirtfs] Mount /dev in tmpfs^M
[mountvirtfs] Copying device nodes to /dev^M
Starting portmap daemon....^M
Loading autofs^M
Starting autofs^M
swapon: using /etc/fstab^M
Cleaning /tmp.^M
Hostname: TOPF.^M
init stmfb^M
LOADING MODULES^M
load firmware^M
copLoadFile (file /boot/audio.elf)^M
[2] cannot open input file /boot/audio.elf^M
copLoadFile (file /boot/video.elf)^M
[2] cannot open input file /boot/video.elf^M
init embx^M

I also tried copying a working MINI9 image to the CF, however, that also results in a non-mounted root filesystem.
I don't know wether this would be the right board to come to. Years ago I helped the Team Ducktales with debugging for this device, but I don't know where the devs are, working on this.

And as I am posting here anyway: I think the init scripts in /etc/init.d don't wait for eachother to start. Maybe I'm doing this the wrong way, but in /etc/ownscript.sh I added to NFS-mounts, which are called way too early, because network isn't up yet...

KleinerSchelm
26.02.2015, 19:53
Hello,
not all devices work on the sata controller. (SSD and CF Card have problem)

but something can help
1. Use last "209" image not "215" Image
2. Format MINI9 and RECORD in EXT3 or EXT4 on Linux Computer.(GPARTED)
3. on linux computer extract the image(rootfs.tar.gz) files to MINI9 partition

build it in Topf and hope it works

Hadrian
27.02.2015, 14:46
Sorry, didn't work. Thanks for replying...

Somehow the output to the serial console isn't just enough to find out where it's going wrong.
It has to do with mounting, and I guess this is where things turn against me:

swapon: using /etc/fstab^M
Cleaning /tmp.^M
Hostname: TOPF.^M

The behiour there is unpredicable; either it won't mount /dev/sda1 at all, or it will only mount read-only.
/dev/sda3 and swap mount and work correctly, however.

PS What is the difference between 209 and 215?

TheChip
27.02.2015, 15:58
209 and 215 mean a different kernel version. Som topfield stb have problems with the never 215 kernel.

Hadrian
27.02.2015, 17:09
Aha. Well I got it running now on a 215 Kernel.
I did the things that KleinerSchelm said, first with 209 which didn't work.
Then, I did the same with 215 (after reformatting the MINI9 partition which got corrupted): copying the files from the archive.
I added some extra lines in a few init-scripts so I could get more info where things went wrong the first times. It didn't seem necessary; booting went fine, Enigma config came up (got a white error screen with orange letters the first time).

It's not the fastest setup (reading while writing is slow, even on a CF-II card), however zapping etc works well.

KleinerSchelm
27.02.2015, 18:00
you make it with a linux computer ? (formating and file edit)

Hadrian
27.02.2015, 18:25
Yes, I had a Raspberry Pi next to it.
FYI: The Topfield is in our bedroom, and I got crazy of the noise that the HDD made. Sometimes it just went spinning while at standby.
I had a RS232-cable running from the Pi to the Topf, and a USB-to-SATA adapter from the Pi to the CF-card in the SATA-to-CF adpater.

In my office (which is one floor up) I could connect to the Pi with SSH, and do my stuff as well as have a screen running for output-debugging on the Topf's serial console :)

When I made changes to the filesystem, I connected the CF inthe SATA-adapter to the Pi, mounted and did my stuff. So I had a few times running up and down the stairs ;)

KleinerSchelm
01.03.2015, 22:37
hello,
on the first boot afetr install, the system make the devices in /dev.
when it goes corrupt or failed the devices , the system dosnt work.
the _209_ topf kernel has a patch for the sata driver. when you have trouble use _209_ images, the _215_ kernel make it not better.

you are using 209 and it doenst work, then is a compatible problem of youre adapter/CF-Card.

but only copy dosnt work when you used an other kernel, you musst use the usb stick methode then flashed the kernel.