Seite 3 von 3 ErsteErste 123
Ergebnis 21 bis 29 von 29

Thema: Fwd/rev/pause

VIP
    Thanks
    Ingo
    Unfortunately, you seem to have chosen not to participate in any constructive discussion with the goal to improve media playback behaviour.
    Maybe Kapios or any other Azbox HDMU image user can supply some information.

As I only have an AzboxMe, I can't really comment on the HD boxes are running (Minime should be very similar as same Kernel version driver).
    For me, I can see the following behaviour. I would appreciate ppl posting their observations here.!!
    Pause/Unpause of media files OR streams (youtube, IPTVplayer, MediaPortel) jump at least 10-20sec on unpause and then resync AV.
    Number Jump works quite well. with quick resync.
    FFW/FBW sort of works depends on the media. (FFW and FBW is NOT implemented using LinuxTV API, which doesn't support FBW, but with Azbox specific ioctl calls)

I have NOT seen any AzboMe image using GST 1.x where pause/unpause works - stop and restart at same play position. - if there is one, and you have it, please upload and link so I can test this.

There are (simplified) 4 elements to media playback.
    Enigma2 servicemp3 (hdmu team), dvbmediasink (probably linking my github repo) , Gstreamer (other team), the driver (closed source and abandoned - not going to change, ever!).

Servicemp3 as Enigma2 layer is talking to the dvbmediasink gstreamer plugin, that interfaces with gst and the hardware driver.
    GST is changing with every version, (mostly for the better, sometimes for the worse. The biggest issue is the abandoned driver which has not properly implemented the stanard calls and uses some proprietary calls as well.
    switch from GST 0.10 to 1.0 required a lot of changes in the servicemp3 (openpli team mostly) and the mediasink. (openpli and co) which I am trying to track over time.
    Some of those changes /improvements working for most actively supported STBs , still needed driver updates. We don't have that.
    If this breaks the Azbox, there are three options:
    1) forget any new improvements and stick with old GST 0.10 images
    2) try to work around the limitations and improve were possible
    3) ignore and stick head in the sand

From my testing in this case I have found that the "new" trickseek pause/unpause in servicemp3 works better for Azbox that the pause/unpause pipeline done previously. For other boxes its the other way round and for that reason servciemp3 is not using trickseek pause/unpause for filebased or streaming media anymore. this could be patched for the Azbox.

But before suggesting this for any image to do (hdmu, openatv or otherwise) , more user feedback is needed here.

I'm planning to update the azbox-mediasink in due course to track the recent changes adopted for the mediasink used for the other STBs. This will hopefully also improve the media playback.

Sorry for the long post, for those still reading and owning an Azbox, over to you now... The ball is in our court if you want improvements...

Benutzer
    Thanks
    Information HDMU image developers.
    Replace the contents of the package gstreamer1.0-plugin-azbox-dvbmediasink from the latest version on HDMU GST 1.6.1 (Package: gstreamer1.0-plugin-dvbmediasink
    Version: 1.0 + git101 + ede9681-r5), - problem FWD / REW / PAUSE has been solved, the image became a full functionality.
    Now I use HDMU_15366_AzboxHD_OE_2593_Flash, critical deficiencies after replacing dvbmediasink not found.
    I would be grateful if the developer will take note of this information.

Benutzer Avatar von kapios
    Thanks
    hi @ingo
    Can you explain more in detail the process

where can find HDMU GST 1.6.1 (Package: gstreamer1.0-plugin-dvbmediasink?

Benutzer
    Thanks
    The contents of the archive to put in /usr/lib/gstreamer-1.0 (attribute 755) to reboot.
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ingo For This Useful Post:

VIP
    Thanks
    @Ingo. good luck. I'm out.
    @Bonkel und team: habt Ihr eigene/private Fork des azbox-mediasinks? oder verlinkt Ihr meine version (so wie openatv?)

Benutzer
    Thanks
    @dazulrich, all good

VIP
    Thanks
    Good for you you found a way to improve the image you used, enjoy. But you haven't provided anything new in response to ppl trying to help. You previously mention an old image where it worked. So ultimately nothing has changed
    for anyone else.

Benutzer
    Thanks
    HDMU_14635_AzboxHD_OE_2452_Flash

Package: gstreamer1.0-plugin-dvbmediasink
    Version: 1.0 + git101 + ede9681-r5

VIP
    Thanks
    You posted that before. I give up.