@Max,

Thanks a lot, this was the solution, the required patch has been pushed.

@pop1234: using the pli-extras version will not work as they use a patched E2 of their own making containing both two year old stuff and recent changes, and the plugin is setup quite differently compared to the TDT solution. The Open-PLi variant only uses gstreamer. The TDT variant expands this to the same (gstreamer only) or eplayer3 only or gstreamer combined with libeplayer3 as build-time option. The plugin I am working on follows the same approach. The pli-extra's plugin however contains two separate players, one based on gstreamer, largely the same as Open-PLi's and a second one based on eplayer3. An internal flag selects which of the two is used, and there is even a plugin to configure that lot.

Making the pli-extra's version work in a TDT environment would probably mean reverse enigineering the pli-extra patches in E2, adapting their player to the TDT environment, and then putting changes in to make the plugin work. That is a lot of work.

In addition I want to be dependent on the primary source (Open-PLi in this case) and not on a fork of it, and certainly not on a fork of a fork that I have maintain myself.
The modsupoort patch will be taken out, as that was not the solution and should not have reached the git anyway.

Regards,

Audioniek.