+ Antworten
Ergebnis 1 bis 1 von 1
    Developer
    Thanks

evremote2, keynames and key assignments

Over the last few months I have had a thourough look at the situtaion regarding remote controls and front panel keyboards. What I found was more less a confirmation of what I had concluded some years ago: over time this had become a rather complicated inconsistent messy affair, not helped by the relatively complicated and rather convoluted OpenPLi code with respect to key handling. The main reason for doing this is that over time OpenPLi has changed its keymap.xml file compared to the ones with my git, and possibly others not following suit. This resulted in some functionality no longer working on some receivers (notably the control of the audio track and subtitle selection on TF7700's).

What has been done is this. The first aim was to be able to use the standard OpenPLi keymap.xml as much as possible. There had to be changes in evremote2, affecting almost all SH4 models. In evremote 2 all keys common to all models (fortunately most of them) now use the same final name for the same key on the front panel or remote control (KEY_....). Most changes occurred with keys EXIT (leave menu) which often had KEY_HOME and sometimes KEY_BACK assigned to it (it is now always KEY_EXIT). Also inconsistencies with RECALL (switch back to previous watched channel) and i/INFO (often incorrectly assigned to KEY_HELP) have been addressed with RECALL always being mapped to KEY_BACK and i/INFO always being mapped to KEY_INFO. The last major change was for the keys P-/P+ which were consistently assigned to KEY_PAGEDOWN and KEY_PAGEUP, where OpenPLi was more logical with KEY_CHANNELDOWN and KEY_CHANNELUP. This also fixed the rather odd assignment of the PageUp and PageDown keys on Fortis remotes, these now map to KEY_PAGEUP and KEY_PAGEDOWN, as intended by OpenPLi.
    I also made an effort to provide for a help key on each remote control. If the model has an F1 or ? key, that is the one. If there is a check mark key, that is the one. On ADB XMP it is the star.

This approach needed new keymap.xml files replacing the old ones. I made these by only adding the keys needed for a particular model, in so far the standard functionality was not already covered by the standard assignment. The most elaborate changes occurred here with models not having keys for previous track and next track and/or models having combined function for the cursor cross and channel up/down and volume up/down (e.g. TF7700). An attempt has been made to make the required changes as minimal as possible. Additions to the keymap have been added with a comment, and deletions where commented out only in case where they cause conflicts.

The next step was making the internally used key names more consistent. This will make the translation table KeyBindings.py more consistent. The E2 diff patches change KeyBindings.py accordingly as they did before.

The final step was updating the xml-tables for the remote control position of the various keys. These are used in the first start assitant and the help function to position the arrows This lead to changes in the file rc-models.patch.

By now, the reason for writing this post will have become clear: if you change a key assignment in evremote 2, the files KeyBindings.py, keymap.xml and the matching remote control file rc_positions.xml must be changed as well. This all has been implemented in the evremote2 code and the patches for Enigma2.

As a result, the functions of the various keys on particularly the remote control should match or be very close to the function expected/intended by OpenPLi. This may lead to minor changes in functionality, but also in existing functionalty working better or even being restored again. A nice by product is that the help function now works better on most models and also has more entries.

I hope to have made the SH4 Engima2 more future proof with this new cleaned up approach to assigning the keys on the remote control and front panel keyboard. For those who use my images downloaded from this board: the October batch of images will reflect the changes described here.

Regards,

Audioniek.
    Receivers: Rebox: RE-4000, 8000, 9000, 2200, 2210, 2220, 4200, 4210, 4220, 8220, 8500, SAB Unix Triple, Golden Media Spark TripleX, Amiko Alien 2+, Sogno Spark Revolution, Kathrein UFS910(1 & 14W)/912/913/922(CX24116 & AVL2108 tuners), Vizyon revolution 820HD PVR, AB IPBox 91HD/9000HD/9000HD rev.2, Xsarius Alpha HD10, nBox BKSA/BSLA/BXZB/BZZB, Vitamin HD 5000
    Sats: Astra 1, 2 & 3, Hotbird
    Main activity: building my own E2 images for Fortis receivers

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Audioniek For This Useful Post: