+ Antworten
Ergebnis 1 bis 1 von 1
    Developer
    Thanks

autoconf 2.70 and later

Hello everybody,

I have been trying to get a build with the buildsystem to complete on Ubuntu 22.04LTS, only to find out that I am currently overwhelmed by the problems this distribution introduces. The problems stem from the fact that Ubuntu seems to have changed to the latest version of autoconf (2.71), and that introduces tons of warnings while configuring a lot of packages to build, with minidlna and possibly others failing at the moment.

I have tried to address the failing of the build of libglib2 by installing the gtk-doc-tools package on this distribution and that seems to fix that problem. Run prepare-for-bs.sh to implement this. The real problem however is that autoconf blindly assumes that package is installed by unconditionally running a program from it.

For time being, stick with a distribution that uses autoconf 2.69 (I currently use Mint 19.3) and/or allows installing a previous version of autoconf. Fixing these issues would involve a lot of patching and solving compatibility problems that should not be there in the first place. The current version of autoconf has outdated so much that the average configure.ac is no longer compatible with it, and I consider autoconf to be seriously broken at the moment. Following up the suggestion given ("run autoupdate") even makes things worse. Hopefully wisdom will prevail and autoconf 2.72 will fix the current issues.

Regards,

Audioniek.
    Receivers: Rebox: RE-4000, 8000, 9000, 2200, 2210, 2220, 4200, 4210, 4220, 8220, 8500, SAB Unix Triple, Golden Media Spark TripleX, Amiko Alien 2+, Sogno Spark Revolution, Kathrein UFS910(1 & 14W)/912/913/922(CX24116 & AVL2108 tuners), Vizyon revolution 820HD PVR, AB IPBox 91HD/9000HD/9000HD rev.2, Xsarius Alpha HD10, nBox BKSA/BSLA/BXZB/BZZB, Vitamin HD 5000
    Sats: Astra 1, 2 & 3, Hotbird
    Main activity: building my own E2 images for Fortis receivers

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Audioniek For This Useful Post: