+ Antworten
Ergebnis 1 bis 1 von 1
    Developer
    Thanks

New receiver model: Opticum HD 9600 (TS) Prima

I am pleased to announce that a new receiver model has been added to the buildable collection: the Opticum HD (TS) 9600 Prima. This receiver has sold fairly well in Germany and was offered without and with DVB-T tuner. The models with DVB-T are called HD TS 9600 Prima, the ones without are named HD 9600 Prima. The receiver was also sold under the brand names Orton and Globo, with the same model numbers. They were built by the Korean manufacturer CreNova and are about 10 to 12 years old now. Currently these are easily obtainable second hand in Germany.

These are SH4 based receivers with an Sti7105 SoC, 256 Mbyte of RAM, 8 Mbyte of NOR flash, two card readers, two CI slots, two USB ports, seven front panel keys and an 8 character VFD display. Their outward appearance is exactly the same as the older HD (TS) 9600 models which are based on the STi7109 SoC. The main board also features provisions for a SATA connector, which is not fitted. JTAG is the standard 20 pin STM variant and the manufacturer even has soldered in a connector for it.

The front panel is controlled through dedicated front processor, manufactured by ABOV, which also handles the remote control. Its major version number is one lower than that of the processor of the Atemio AM520 HD and the two share many features, enough to use the same basic driver (cn_micom) for both.

For the past year I have been developing a boot loader, drivers and the necessary utilities for these models and at the moment there a some loose ends left, but building Enigma2 or Neutrino results in a working image. The front end driver does not support the DVB-T front end present in the TS models. This has two reasons. The first is that the driver for its chip set (Mediatek MT5133) is closed source. The second is that developing it is of little use nowadays, as in many parts of the world DVB-T has been or is being phased out to be replaced by DVB-T2 that is capable of supporting HD. The SH4 SoC STi7105 cannot decode H265 however. Because of the rather small flash memory size, it is only possible to run the image off an USB stick. At the moment of writing, the only way to install the boot loader is through JTAG, but I hope to offer a solution with a flash file flashable from the factory software in the near future. The result of all this work can be found in my gits.

In an upcoming post I will provide instructions on how to add an internal 2.5 inch hard disk. After adding a hard disk, an image can be run without the use of an USB stick. The required installer for that is already finished.

Meanwhile also working on the sister models HD (TS) 9600 (almost finished) and HD 9600 mini (effectively a stripped down Atemio AM520 HD), there is more to come.

Regards,

Audioniek.
    Receivers: Rebox: RE-4000, 8000, 9000, 2200, 2210, 2220, 4200, 4210, 4220, 8220, 8500, SAB Unix Triple, Golden Media Spark TripleX, Amiko Alien 2+, Sogno Spark Revolution, Kathrein UFS910(1 & 14W)/912/913/922(CX24116 & AVL2108 tuners), Vizyon revolution 820HD PVR, AB IPBox 91HD/9000HD/9000HD rev.2, Xsarius Alpha HD10, nBox BKSA/BSLA/BXZB/BZZB, Vitamin HD 5000
    Sats: Astra 1, 2 & 3, Hotbird
    Main activity: building my own E2 images for Fortis receivers

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Audioniek For This Useful Post: