Seite 1 von 3 123 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 21
    Benutzer Avatar von gorski
    Thanks

Ausrufezeichen Amiko images and OnErrorRestartService plugin?

Hi, guys!

Some of us would like to use your cool images but...

We need, like in HDMU v.1394,

1) support for OnErrorRestartService plugin, i.e. for dmesg to be working, i.e. to be supported in your image...

And while you are at it, speaking frankly and giving proper feedback, could you also look at:

2) low frequencies problems
    3) DDsubtitle Player plugin
    4) CrossEPG plugin
    5) streaming to PC (new HDMU does not support it [I better mention: I have not tried the latest version of your image yet])
    6) fstab is poorly done and needs to be re-thought/re-done/re-structured, so we can edit it properly, adding our device as well as in other images
    7) HDD Manager needs to be redone, so it allows for an HDD and USB stick as well, and then choose between the two where to send a SWAP file, recording files. timeshift files, EPG, picons, 1Channel, Subtitle files etc. etc.

Many thanx in advance!
    "Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)

http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gorski For This Useful Post:

VIP Avatar von santa
    Thanks
    Thanked 5.005 Times in 1.790 Posts
    1. dmesg only will be in debig images, because they are slower than nodebug.
    2. this would be a driver problem, but we don´t fix drivers, because this is job for spark
    3.+4. you can download from our feed
    5. our image is very uptodate to openpli, they test some things, we have to wait until they are ready
    6. we don´t build an image for only one box, we support 23, you need only a label RECORD, so what´s the Problem?
    7. when we have too much time, maybe, but i don´t think that anybody want to split all files to other devices...
    mfg santa

GigaBlue Quad Plus -->Yamaha AV Receiver-->Panasonic Plasma

derzeit noch in Betrieb:
    IPBox 9000, Technisat Digicorder HDS2+, AT 500

4. The Following User Says Thank You to santa For This Useful Post:

Neuer Benutzer
    Thanks
    Zitat Zitat von santa Beitrag anzeigen
    Yes, we can, but that's not the main problem. DD works very very bad and unstable. For example, after a few downloaded subtitles, requires a restart receiver to DD continued to work.

How to get to the debug version with "dmesg", because the download section contains only nodebug?
    Geändert von SickMF (04.06.2013 um 19:23 Uhr)

VIP Avatar von santa
    Thanks
    you have to ask for that, then we will build a debug image, if we think that help to find issues.

we don´t are the dev for that plugin, may the problem is in this plugin, not in image.
    mfg santa

derzeit noch in Betrieb:

Thanks

Idee

OK, let's see if HDMU Team can actually hear us out and listen to the users... I have compiled these observations from many users on other forums...

1. dmesg only will be in debig images, because they are slower than nodebug.
    Maybe HDMU would actually be quicker - you know, after a while, when your images get clogged up and CS is no longer working - with dmesg and this plugin that restarts a service... Something to think about, it seems to me. Maybe an ON/OFF switch for it, so user decides if s/he? wants it ON or OFF, i.e. if it is needed...

I am a great believer in flexibility and giving the user options, with proper information, so we learn and set up the system the way we need it, specifically for each individual's needs!

2. this would be a driver problem, but we don´t fix drivers, because this is job for spark
    Actually, in some images it works, so why not in HDMU? In fact, if you do listen to us, it will work in HDMU.

Simply download the attachment to this message and implement in your next image, thanx be to the knowledgeable and good willed people who wrote this little marvel!

stv090x.ko into lib/modules and replace the old one....restart enigma and low and behold, the low frequencies are working...
    My translation only...

Here: stv090x.rar

See Sick's reply, above mine. This requires some thinking on the part of the image coder, too... Why? Because it is working better in some images. So, some adjustment here and there may make your image much more usable in many countries, where people use subtitles etc.

5. our image is very uptodate to openpli, they test some things, we have to wait until they are ready
    Let's hope for the best. Some people really need this, to watch away from the women and kids... What is perplexing is that in Russian Team's Project it works, so why not in HDMU?

6. we don´t build an image for only one box, we support 23, you need only a label RECORD, so what´s the Problem?
    I'll tell you what is the problem, precisely! Let's see if you can hear us out, though...

Since you are building your image for many boxes then the fstab file should be according to some Linux standards observed working properly in other boxes...

No hard feelings and no offence intended but the truth be told - your fstab looks like a joke at the moment... Especially since one can have a USB hub or like in Alien2 - 2 USB ports, so one may need an HDD and a USB memory stick. I hope you not only can understand but are willing to hear us out... You know, us the users, so your images are an even bigger hit...

7. when we have too much time, maybe, but i don´t think that anybody want to split all files to other devices...
    I am not sure I understand your point. This is kind of going hand in glove with fstab improvements.

What is essential is that one should not put picons and other constantly used little files on a device (HDD) with moving parts...

Good luck with your project! Your fortunes are our fortunes...
    Geändert von gorski (04.06.2013 um 19:54 Uhr)
    "Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)

http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...

Boardgründer/Administrator Avatar von bonkel
    Thanks
    Thanked 4.504 Times in 1.979 Posts
    Zitat Zitat von gorski Beitrag anzeigen
    OK, let's see if HDMU Team can actually hear us out and listen to the users... I have compiled these observations from many users on other forums...

Maybe HDMU would actually be quicker - you know, after a while, when your images get clogged up and CS is no longer working - with dmesg and this plugin that restarts a service... Something to think about, it seems to me. Maybe an ON/OFF switch for it, so user decides if s/he? wants it ON or OFF, i.e. if it is needed...

Let's hope for the best. Some people really need this, to watch away from the women and kids... What is perplexing is that in Russian Team's Project it works, so why not in HDMU?

we not support cs
    and why streaming works in russioan image, because this os old openpli image not a nightly build

the point with the driver, where is the source of it, and why it is not in tdt git, the home of sh4 boxes????

Gehasst, Verdammt, Vergöttert
    Fragen gehören ins Forum nicht in meinem Postfach!
    >> Häufig gestellte Fragen <<

VIP Avatar von santa
    Thanks
    switch between debug/nodebug isn´t possible in one image, but we want to have a fast image.

we don´t copy ko files in our image, please ask for sources and put them in to git, we can do this too.

openpli have changed things a few weeks ago, our image is uptodate, the russian one is maybe one year older...

i don´t understand what´s your problem with hdd and usb.
    create more parts on your hdd, then you didn´t need a stick.
    mfg santa

derzeit noch in Betrieb:

VIP Avatar von zeini
    Thanks
    Use for your hdd and USB stick UUID in fsatb. This work fine.

Thanks
    Btw, Sick just told us that the image with dmesg was a nodebug image: HDMU_1394_E2_spark_211_git_4968_nodebug_nolcd_Diff 0_ffm

- - - Updated - - -

Zitat Zitat von bonkel Beitrag anzeigen
    we not support cs
    Almost everybody says so and everybody does it anyway... C'mon... You want your image to be used, right?

Anyway, strictly speaking, this is about a service being restarted when it gets clogged up, that's all... Surely not too much to ask...

and why streaming works in russioan image, because this os old openpli image not a nightly build
    No need for the latest all the time. This is a fad. What is needed is that something functions. "No matter if the cat is black or white but whether or not is catches mice!"

the point with the driver, where is the source of it, and why it is not in tdt git, the home of sh4 boxes????
    One does not look into horses mouth if the horse is a gift...

It was just done, probably it will be pushed soon...

- - - Updated - - -

...i don´t understand what´s your problem with hdd and usb.
    create more parts on your hdd, then you didn´t need a stick.
    I explained it in the earlier message... Feel free... Also, feel free to do the fstab properly, please...

Zeini, sure but one should be able to see the syntax, used in accordance with Linux standards and act accordingly...

I wouldn't necessarily know all this but once I am given the correct guidance, in accordance with an image I will figure it out and do something right...

Boardgründer/Administrator Avatar von bonkel
    Thanks
    Thanked 4.504 Times in 1.979 Posts
    if you dont want new nightly image, dont use our image and you russioan image, its easy......

Gehasst, Verdammt, Vergöttert
    Fragen gehören ins Forum nicht in meinem Postfach!
    >> Häufig gestellte Fragen <<