Seite 6 von 8 ErsteErste ... 45678 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 51 bis 60 von 75
    Benutzer
    Thanks
    Hello ,

@ Audioniek
    I do not know why people change bootloaders without need; Enigma2 and Neutrino can be built to run with an unchanged factory boot loader with an HS7119 (and on a HS7429 and HS7819 for that matter). Why almost nobody does this is not clear to me
    The fact is that untill now there is no E2 image for flash for these Fortis model boxs ( hs 7x19 ), despite that the hardware provides the ability to do it ( NAND flash with 256 M size) . I personally uses the flash-tool from your git and it works perfect , I even tested with HDMU image - copaying the whool image to release folder , keeping the original uImage and modules and i have the HDMU on flash - just for fun ) .
    Most of people want to have Enigma2 into flash , and as far as i know , only Capital , HDready and Infinty images (from a slovaque team i think !!) are built for . and these images need the specifique u-boot ( not original one ) to be loaded on flash .
    the question is : why both HDMU nad PKT teams , deans of E2 sh4 don't provide flash image for these models , is this for some reasons legality ?

Regards
    Geändert von kader_73 (08.03.2015 um 18:41 Uhr)
    hs7819 @E2_sh4 ~~ NilSat(7W)_Astra(19.2E)

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Thanks
    hello kader is exactly that the designer of enigma2 image is jirkas latino hdready capitol and infinity NAND flash.

Erfahrener Benutzer Avatar von harryhase
    Thanks
    what is the advantage, flashing emigma into flash?

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Thanks
    hello must ask the designer's image:gigablue,vu+,xtrend,dreambox.

Benutzer
    Thanks
    Zitat Zitat von harryhase Beitrag anzeigen
    I don't know if there is a listed difference ragerding hardware performence (I am not a technician in the field) but I think there must be.

for someone who has chosen enigma, why does he keep an app that will never use or at least rarely , do you imagine yourself installing one system on your PC disck for using an other one on usb port ( for me, that's pretty close).
    in addition, you will have to condemn a usb port which you can use it for anything else .

Regards
    hs7819 @E2_sh4 ~~ NilSat(7W)_Astra(19.2E)

Thanks
    okay, no advantage
    For more usb ports i can use a hub.
    Booting from usb, i'm able to use a fortis image in flash AND an enigma2 on usb.
    For watching tv the fortis image is the best (and maybe in some month must have for ci+)
    For playing aroudn enigma is the best.

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Thanks
    hello harryhase exactly the last image is both functions enigma2 or original captitol or infinity enigma2 if you can test it and tell us what thanks.

Thanks
    do you have a link for us, maybe per pn

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Thanks
    send me a pm

Developer
    Thanks
    Zitat Zitat von solala Beitrag anzeigen
    ... but 5 years ago there was no possibility to do ANYTHING useful with the original loaders
    You are right, but I am talking about nowadays, and the community has learnt a lot in the mean time. As for Fortis HD receivers, ALL can run Neutrino in flash with the factory bootloader without even changing the bootargs, and as far as Enigma2 goes, the same is true but for the only limiting factor there is the available amout of flash memory, which rules out the first and second generation of Fortis HD receivers, apart from the HS8200.

As kader_73 confirms, just use the patches and .configs from my git; the flash environment of it even creates directly flashable .IRD files, provided you feed it the correct resellerID.

As far as I am concerned this will be repeated with the fourth generation of Fortis receivers, I have reached the point that the kernel starts and the /etc/init.d/rcS is executed.

In summary: nowadays there is no longer a need to change the factory bootloader on a Fortis HD receiver.

Regards,

Audioniek.

- - - Aktualisiert - - -

Zitat Zitat von samkooke Beitrag anzeigen
    hello Audioniek I flasher enigma2 in internal flash last year it function well and since 15 days more image simply turn on the front panel 7119 and flashes red and green and impossible to put the original thanks.
    Well, you have done it again: not providing the info I asked for, but just telling (again) "it does not work". So again:

What is the resellerID in the current bootloader? (I can tell you up front it is NOT in the standard location, so you have to ask the author of your current loader.)
    What does the display say when you try to flash the correct factory loader after using a good resellerchanger?
    What does the serial log say when you try to flash the correct factory loader after using a good resellerchanger?

If you cannot provide a sensible anser to these questions, we cannot help you.

Regards,

Audioniek.

- - - Aktualisiert - - -

Zitat Zitat von harryhase Beitrag anzeigen
    1. On some models you use the only available USB port, so a hub is required to be able to record;
    2. Speed: in flash everything runs quite a bit smoother, boot time is halved (worse even with a hub);
    3. WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) is zero or lower, in particular with a hub;
    4. These receivers where never designed to run an image off an USB stick: in flash is technically more correct;
    5. A running Enigma2 constantly writes to the USB stick. USB sticks are not suitable for this kind of use as most do not have wear levelling techniques.

In short: only use a USB stick if you absolutely want to have the choice between factory firmware or Enigma2 at each receiver start.

Regards,

Audioniek.
    Receivers: Rebox: RE-4000, 8000, 9000, 2200, 2210, 2220, 4200, 4210, 4220, 8220, 8500, SAB Unix Triple, Golden Media Spark TripleX, Amiko Alien 2+, Sogno Spark Revolution, Kathrein UFS910(1 & 14W)/912/913/922(CX24116 & AVL2108 tuners), Vizyon revolution 820HD PVR, AB IPBox 91HD/9000HD/9000HD rev.2, Xsarius Alpha HD10, nBox BKSA/BSLA/BXZB/BZZB, Vitamin HD 5000
    Sats: Astra 1, 2 & 3, Hotbird
    Main activity: building my own E2 images for Fortis receivers