for international customers:

A few FAQ's for the image.
General:

• I can't login in my box using ftp/telnet. What's the login?
    • User = root
    • Pass= HDMU

• HDD is not mounted automatically.
    • HDD label must be "RECORD"
    • the partition mounted has to have a directory called "movie" created

• Are all boxes supported by the flashimage?
    • boxes containing at least 64mb flash memory are supported, therefor most older boxes are not.

What do the long and confusing image-names from the download section stand for?

We need to be able to identify every image. That's why every image has a release number.
e.g.:

HDMU_994_E2_spark_211_git_4329_nodebug_nolcd_Diffh dmu_USB.tar.gz

HDMU --> name of our image, famous around the world
994 --> release number; refer to the Changlog.
E2 --> Enigma2, i guess no further info needed
spark --> type of box, only one name is given since we support a bunch of boxes,
clones or boxes with the same hardware are listed under the main type of box
211 --> kernel version, in this case STM24 P211

git 4329--> git version, our image is based on the tdt git, drivers are added their.
nodebug-->debug and nodebug images are available, debug images provide more information on the serial console
nolcd --> lcd and nolcd, lcd images provide support for supported EXTERNAL lc-displays.
Diff --> gives information about the E2 being used, detailed information would be useless here,
since this changes a lot. From time to time it is more deeply explained.
USB.tar.gz --> usb images can be flashed as a second image running parallel. You are able to choose thanks to multiboot. complete file structure is given when untared.
Flash.zip --> e2jffs2 and uimage for flash method using stick or ftp method.
md5 --> md5 is a checksum that can be used to check wether the up- and download of the file was correct.
Once the image is completely uploaded a checksum is uploaded as well. so if the the checksum is missing the upload of the image is not (yet) complete.

How do I take a screenshot containing the gui?

Login via telnet and issue grab.sh. scrennshot will be stored in /tmp.

so erstmal keine lust mehr
Was ist eigentlich genau der unterschied zwischen FLASH & USB? -> okay, denke habs kapiert.