Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 523

Baum-Darstellung

Developer
    Thanks
    This line:
    Code:
    /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OpenSSL/crypto.py:14: CryptographyDeprecationWarning: Python 2 is no longer supported by the Python core team. Support for it is now deprecated in cryptography, and will be removed in the next release.
    is normal and constitutes a warning, but it should not lead to E2 not running.

Python 2.7 has been end of life for some time now but the OpenPLi people still keep on using it. Some others, notably OpenVisionE2, have switched to Python3 but this needs elaborate patching of the OpenPLi code. One could use the OpenVision Enigma2, but in turn this requires elaborate patching in the rest of the build. Because of this situation I have decided some one and a half years ago to await what OpenPLi was going to do and try and follow that route, but they still have not switched to Python3, although there is a Python3 branch in their git.

Others have chosen to stop supporting Enigma2 on SH4 altogether like the origin of by buildsystem, Duckbox-Developers, which is now limited to building Neutrino. The result is that the number of sources to get Enigma2 for SH4 from is slowly but surely decreasing, and the build environment I am maintaining will probably follow that path in the near future.

In that respect is it perhaps good to mention that even the youngest SH4 receivers are now 8 years old, and the first ones are well underway to 15 and more. Another aspect is that apart from the sparks, SH4 receivers were never designed to run Enigma2 and the time is rapidly approaching that the technological advances will make using E2 impossible and/or impracticable on SH4 boxes. Apart from keeping using outdated versions (including the now also defunct stlinux), lack of memory and processing power will only impose more and more limitations on things. The message above is merely one of the first indicators that that is indeed happening.

As long I see possibilities to keep things going I will do so, but in my view the days of Enigma2 on SH4 are numbered and the end is a lot closer than the beginning regarding the SH4 era.

Regards,

Audioniek.
    Receivers: Rebox: RE-4000, 8000, 9000, 2200, 2210, 2220, 4200, 4210, 4220, 8220, 8500, SAB Unix Triple, Golden Media Spark TripleX, Amiko Alien 2+, Sogno Spark Revolution, Kathrein UFS910(1 & 14W)/912/913/922(CX24116 & AVL2108 tuners), Vizyon revolution 820HD PVR, AB IPBox 91HD/9000HD/9000HD rev.2, Xsarius Alpha HD10, nBox BKSA/BSLA/BXZB/BZZB, Vitamin HD 5000
    Sats: Astra 1, 2 & 3, Hotbird
    Main activity: building my own E2 images for Fortis receivers

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Audioniek For This Useful Post: