+ Antworten
Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 523

Hybrid-Darstellung

Benutzer
    Thanks
    hello Audioniek , and thnks for all explanations;
    the reason why I asked for this, mainly to be able to test the built images (which carry certain local modifications) before installing them on flash to save the latter from repeated erasures and writes; that said I would like to have a kernel installed capable of mounting an image on an ext2 partition, something that has become impossible with the current u-boot (7.27). which was probably due to the config.
    I don't know if you see what I'm trying to come back to?! but I do understand your point about the time and effort you see being spent on something that isn't really necessary.

I will look for a solution by building a u-boot with an appropriate configuration that allows the use of new bootargs that boot an image from usb (as was the case with that of pkteam). I think that will be the best solution.
    b Reagards
    hs7819 @E2_sh4 ~~ NilSat(7W)_Astra(19.2E)

Developer
    Thanks
    Hello kader_73,

I see what you are getting at. To achieve what you want is not that hard and you do not need to build an installer nor a new boot loader for that. If I am correct the current loader 7.27 can do what you want. I would proceed as follows.

First built the kernel/image you want with flash as destination. When that is done, run fakeroot X/flash/flash.sh [desired resellerID], and select flash the kernel only. This will yield an IRD file with only the kernel in it that can be flashed using the channel-up procedure. After flashing you have the kernel in place. Switch off the USB feature of the loader (power up with front panel channel-down pressed and held, repeat until you see OFF in the display). This is needed because with USB ON the bootargs variable from the environment is not used, but one fixed in the boot loaders code.

Second rebuild the same image, but now using USB as destination. When finished, run X/flash/flash.sh. Ignore the output of the flash procedure, but your ext2/3 image is in the directory X/flash/tmp/ROOT. Copy this lot to a ext2/3 formatted USB stick.

The last step is changing the boot loader's bootargs setting. Connect a serial cable to the box and start a terminal on your attached PC. Fire the receiver up and repeatedly press Enter on the PC. This should stop the autoboot and get your at the boot loaders prompt.

The bootargs entry will look something like this (use printenv):

Code:
    bootargs console=ttyAS0,115200 root=/dev/mtdblock2 ubi.mtd=2 root=ubi0:rootfs rootfstype=ubifs rw init=/bin/devinit...
    You need to change this part: [ root=/dev/mtdblock2 ubi.mtd=2 root=ubi0:rootfs rootfstype=ubifs ] to [ root=/dev/sda1 rootfstype=ext3 ] or [....rootfstype=ext2 ]

After some copying and pasting and printenv, setenv and saveenv commands, you should be in business.

You do not have to change the bootcmd, this already gets the kernel from flash.

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards,

Audioniek.

- - - Aktualisiert - - -

Oh yes I forgot to mention: NAND flash is guaranteed to sustain 100.000 flash cycles. This means if you reflash your receiver 10 times a day each day, it would still take you more than 25 years to wear it out, so do not worry about flash/erase cycles.

Regards,

Audioniek.
    Receivers: Rebox: RE-4000, 8000, 9000, 2200, 2210, 2220, 4200, 4210, 4220, 8220, 8500, SAB Unix Triple, Golden Media Spark TripleX, Amiko Alien 2+, Sogno Spark Revolution, Kathrein UFS910(1 & 14W)/912/913/922(CX24116 & AVL2108 tuners), Vizyon revolution 820HD PVR, AB IPBox 91HD/9000HD/9000HD rev.2, Xsarius Alpha HD10, nBox BKSA/BSLA/BXZB/BZZB, Vitamin HD 5000
    Sats: Astra 1, 2 & 3, Hotbird
    Main activity: building my own E2 images for Fortis receivers

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Audioniek For This Useful Post: