+ Antworten
Seite 52 von 53 ErsteErste ... 24250515253 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 511 bis 520 von 523
    Benutzer
    Thanks

Regards
    ainouna
    Angehängte Grafiken Angehängte Grafiken
    Geändert von ainouna (28.09.2022 um 11:44 Uhr)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ainouna For This Useful Post:

Erfahrener Benutzer Avatar von turulbird
    Thanks
    Hi!

UFS 910 neutrino tangos, DDT USB image build ok and working.

Enigma2 usb image run, but opkg error:

Code:
    [rcS] Loading Enigma2
    [rcS] Starting Enigma2 ->
    PYTHONPATH: /usr/lib/enigma2/python
    DVB_API_VERSION 5 DVB_API_VERSION_MINOR 3
    ENIGMA_DEBUG_LVL=3
    ntpd: setting time to 2023-05-18 22:16:14.526325 (offset +722121344.873790s)
    [MAIN] executing main
    [Profile.py] no profile data available
    cat: can't open '/var/lib/opkg/info/kernel-module-*.control': No such file or directory
    /var/lib/opkg/ directory is empty.

What could be the error since last year?

New 2023 UFS 910 usb neutrino images on my Homepage.

Thanks!
    Geändert von turulbird (27.05.2023 um 21:50 Uhr)

Benutzer
    Thanks
    hello ,, Audioniek

Is it possible to have hs7819 installer to create an uImage for usb image ?

B regards
    hs7819 @E2_sh4 ~~ NilSat(7W)_Astra(19.2E)

Developer
    Thanks
    Hello kader_73,

Yes and no. First: it is not needed, as the HS7819 has plenty of flash memory to install an image in. Second: it is not needed, because there are modified loaders that can run an image off a USB stick with only one FAT32 partition. In addition both these options are supported in full by the flash git.

If you study the installers, they have something in common. The first is they are for receivers with very little flash memory. The second is they have a built-in hard disk or a SATA connected hard disk can very easily be added (the latter category is currently the ufs910 and the opt9600prima). After this is done you can run an image without a USB stick, by flashing the kernel in flash memory and storing the root on the hard disk, which also is used for the swap area and the recording storage. For this, the hard disk has three partitions, one for the root, a swap partition and the remainder for recording storage. The installers on offer automate the process of partitioning and formatting the hard disk, flash the kernel and copying the the root.

On the HS7819 it is certainly possible to do the same, but it cannot have a SATA internal hard disk (no SATA interface is present in the STx7111 SoC, the cabinet is too small, and the power supply has insufficient power to spare for an internal drive), so you would need an external USB drive. This last fact more or less defeats the purpose for an installer, as having the kernel in flash but the root on an external USB hard is needlessly complicated and destroys an image in flash anyway. Most people want to run off USB because they want to retain the image in flash. Why they do is a mystery to me, as the 7819 has plenty of NAND flash and flashes with lightning speed (reading in the image from an USB stick takes longer than flashing it). And as said with the USB enabled loader the 7819 can very comfortably run a complete image on a USB device, either a stick or a FAT32 formatted USB hard disk while another image remains untouched in flash memory. The upshot of it all is that I see no advantages for building an installer-style option for the HS7819.

This all pertains to the sister models HS7119 and HS7429 as well, and in a lesser extend for the HS7110, HS7420 and HS7810A too. A possible candidate is the HS8200, because Engma2 with Gstreamer does not fit its 64 Mbyte of flash.

Regards,

Audioniek.
    Receivers: Rebox: RE-4000, 8000, 9000, 2200, 2210, 2220, 4200, 4210, 4220, 8220, 8500, SAB Unix Triple, Golden Media Spark TripleX, Amiko Alien 2+, Sogno Spark Revolution, Kathrein UFS910(1 & 14W)/912/913/922(CX24116 & AVL2108 tuners), Vizyon revolution 820HD PVR, AB IPBox 91HD/9000HD/9000HD rev.2, Xsarius Alpha HD10, nBox BKSA/BSLA/BXZB/BZZB, Vitamin HD 5000
    Sats: Astra 1, 2 & 3, Hotbird
    Main activity: building my own E2 images for Fortis receivers

Benutzer
    Thanks
    hello Audioniek , and thnks for all explanations;
    the reason why I asked for this, mainly to be able to test the built images (which carry certain local modifications) before installing them on flash to save the latter from repeated erasures and writes; that said I would like to have a kernel installed capable of mounting an image on an ext2 partition, something that has become impossible with the current u-boot (7.27). which was probably due to the config.
    I don't know if you see what I'm trying to come back to?! but I do understand your point about the time and effort you see being spent on something that isn't really necessary.

I will look for a solution by building a u-boot with an appropriate configuration that allows the use of new bootargs that boot an image from usb (as was the case with that of pkteam). I think that will be the best solution.
    b Reagards
    hs7819 @E2_sh4 ~~ NilSat(7W)_Astra(19.2E)

Developer
    Thanks
    Hello kader_73,

I see what you are getting at. To achieve what you want is not that hard and you do not need to build an installer nor a new boot loader for that. If I am correct the current loader 7.27 can do what you want. I would proceed as follows.

First built the kernel/image you want with flash as destination. When that is done, run fakeroot X/flash/flash.sh [desired resellerID], and select flash the kernel only. This will yield an IRD file with only the kernel in it that can be flashed using the channel-up procedure. After flashing you have the kernel in place. Switch off the USB feature of the loader (power up with front panel channel-down pressed and held, repeat until you see OFF in the display). This is needed because with USB ON the bootargs variable from the environment is not used, but one fixed in the boot loaders code.

Second rebuild the same image, but now using USB as destination. When finished, run X/flash/flash.sh. Ignore the output of the flash procedure, but your ext2/3 image is in the directory X/flash/tmp/ROOT. Copy this lot to a ext2/3 formatted USB stick.

The last step is changing the boot loader's bootargs setting. Connect a serial cable to the box and start a terminal on your attached PC. Fire the receiver up and repeatedly press Enter on the PC. This should stop the autoboot and get your at the boot loaders prompt.

The bootargs entry will look something like this (use printenv):

Code:
    bootargs console=ttyAS0,115200 root=/dev/mtdblock2 ubi.mtd=2 root=ubi0:rootfs rootfstype=ubifs rw init=/bin/devinit...
    You need to change this part: [ root=/dev/mtdblock2 ubi.mtd=2 root=ubi0:rootfs rootfstype=ubifs ] to [ root=/dev/sda1 rootfstype=ext3 ] or [....rootfstype=ext2 ]

After some copying and pasting and printenv, setenv and saveenv commands, you should be in business.

You do not have to change the bootcmd, this already gets the kernel from flash.

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards,

Audioniek.

- - - Aktualisiert - - -

Oh yes I forgot to mention: NAND flash is guaranteed to sustain 100.000 flash cycles. This means if you reflash your receiver 10 times a day each day, it would still take you more than 25 years to wear it out, so do not worry about flash/erase cycles.

Regards,

Audioniek.
    Receivers: Rebox: RE-4000, 8000, 9000, 2200, 2210, 2220, 4200, 4210, 4220, 8220, 8500, SAB Unix Triple, Golden Media Spark TripleX, Amiko Alien 2+, Sogno Spark Revolution, Kathrein UFS910(1 & 14W)/912/913/922(CX24116 & AVL2108 tuners), Vizyon revolution 820HD PVR, AB IPBox 91HD/9000HD/9000HD rev.2, Xsarius Alpha HD10, nBox BKSA/BSLA/BXZB/BZZB, Vitamin HD 5000

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Audioniek For This Useful Post:

Benutzer
    Thanks
    Hello Audioniek

How are you mr Audioniek

Regards
    anouna
    Geändert von ainouna (14.11.2023 um 10:26 Uhr)

Developer
    Thanks
    Sorry for the slow reaction. I am doing OK, thank you. Currently I am very busy with a lot of retro computer stuff, machines I used when I was in my twenties, the beginning of the microcomputer era. Regarding satellite stuff and SH4 boxes in particular, I have come to the conclusion that this is more or less coming to an end. Enigma2 becomes more and more incompatible with SH4 boxes as time progresses, and also keeps growing in size. The result is that in practice only the sparks can run a current E2 in flash nowadays. Though I have made some progress regarding python3, I have not finished that part yet and it is not high on my list of priorities.

Regards,

Audioniek.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Audioniek For This Useful Post:

Benutzer
    Thanks
    Hello Audioniek
    You are in shape
    so much the better Mr. Audioniek
    Some modifications
    if you have the time
    enigma2
    insmod $MODDIR/cimax.ko #paramDebug=20
    rc is not configured in cic
    Titan
    insmod $MODDIR/cimax.ko #paramDebug=20
    rc is not configured in cic
    I configured the cic plugin in (cimax)
    for hs7429

enigma2 does not start and titan does not start either
    I reconfigured the cic for hs7429 in (starci)
    that works
    but Titan decrypts encrypted channels but no images

Regards
    anouna
    Geändert von ainouna (25.11.2023 um 10:47 Uhr)

Benutzer
    Thanks
    cuberevo-mini with default options doesnt build. It appairs following message
    Would You please fix it ?
    Thank You very much. Greets

Code:
    Start build of tools-libmme_host.
    Generating configuration files for tools-libmme_host, please wait....
    libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in '.'.
    libtoolize: linking file './ltmain.sh'
    libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIRS, 'm4'.
    libtoolize: linking file 'm4/libtool.m4'
    libtoolize: linking file 'm4/ltoptions.m4'
    libtoolize: linking file 'm4/ltsugar.m4'
    libtoolize: linking file 'm4/ltversion.m4'
    libtoolize: linking file 'm4/lt~obsolete.m4'
    configure.ac:11: warning: AC_OUTPUT should be used without arguments.
    configure.ac:11: You should run autoupdate.
    configure.ac:4: installing './compile'
    configure.ac:2: installing './missing'
    Makefile.am:6: warning: source file '$(DRIVER_TOPDIR)/multicom/mme/mme_linux_user.c' is in a subdirectory,
    Makefile.am:6: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
    automake: warning: possible forward-incompatibility.
    automake: At least one source file is in a subdirectory, but the 'subdir-objects'
    automake: automake option hasn't been enabled.  For now, the corresponding output
    automake: object file(s) will be placed in the top-level directory.  However, this
    automake: behavior may change in a future Automake major version, with object
    automake: files being placed in the same subdirectory as the corresponding sources.
    automake: You are advised to start using 'subdir-objects' option throughout your
    automake: project, to avoid future incompatibilities.
    Makefile.am:6: warning: source file '$(DRIVER_TOPDIR)/multicom/mme/ExecutionLoop.c' is in a subdirectory,
    Makefile.am:6: warning: source file '$(DRIVER_TOPDIR)/multicom/mme/LocalTransformer.c' is in a subdirectory,
    Makefile.am:6: warning: source file '$(DRIVER_TOPDIR)/multicom/mme/LookupTable.c' is in a subdirectory,
    Makefile.am:6: warning: source file '$(DRIVER_TOPDIR)/multicom/mme/MMEMessageQueue.c' is in a subdirectory,
    Makefile.am:6: warning: source file '$(DRIVER_TOPDIR)/multicom/mme/mme_tune.c' is in a subdirectory,
    Makefile.am:6: warning: source file '$(DRIVER_TOPDIR)/multicom/embxshell/embx_linux.c' is in a subdirectory,
    Makefile.am: installing './depcomp'
    configure: WARNING: using cross tools not prefixed with host triplet
    make  all-am
      CC       mme_linux_user.lo
      CC       ExecutionLoop.lo
      CC       LocalTransformer.lo
      CC       LookupTable.lo
      CC       MMEMessageQueue.lo
    In file included from /home/ghani/Audioniek/buildsystem/driver/multicom/mme/mme_hostP.h:12:0,
                     from /home/ghani/Audioniek/buildsystem/driver/multicom/mme/ExecutionLoop.c:10:
    /home/ghani/Audioniek/buildsystem/driver/include/multicom/embx_osinterface.h:388:2: error: invalid preprocessing directive #elselock
     #elselock->n[cpuID].marker
      ^
    /home/ghani/Audioniek/buildsystem/driver/include/multicom/embx_osinterface.h:389:0: warning: "EMBX_INLINE" redefined [enabled by default]
     #define EMBX_INLINE
     ^
    /home/ghani/Audioniek/buildsystem/driver/include/multicom/embx_osinterface.h:387:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
     #define EMBX_INLINE inline
     ^
    make[2]: *** [Makefile:508: ExecutionLoop.lo] Error 1
    make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    In file included from /home/ghani/Audioniek/buildsystem/driver/multicom/mme/mme_hostP.h:12:0,
                     from /home/ghani/Audioniek/buildsystem/driver/multicom/mme/LookupTable.c:9:
    /home/ghani/Audioniek/buildsystem/driver/include/multicom/embx_osinterface.h:388:2: error: invalid preprocessing directive #elselock
      ^
    /home/ghani/Audioniek/buildsystem/driver/include/multicom/embx_osinterface.h:389:0: warning: "EMBX_INLINE" redefined [enabled by default]
     #define EMBX_INLINE
     ^
    /home/ghani/Audioniek/buildsystem/driver/include/multicom/embx_osinterface.h:387:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
     ^
    make[2]: *** [Makefile:522: LookupTable.lo] Error 1
                     from /home/ghani/Audioniek/buildsystem/driver/multicom/mme/LocalTransformer.c:9:
      ^
     #define EMBX_INLINE
     ^
     ^
    In file included from /home/ghani/Audioniek/buildsystem/driver/multicom/mme/mme_linux_user.c:20:0:
      ^
     #define EMBX_INLINE
     ^
     ^
    In file included from /home/ghani/Audioniek/buildsystem/driver/include/multicom/mme_queueP.h:12:0,
                     from /home/ghani/Audioniek/buildsystem/driver/multicom/mme/MMEMessageQueue.c:14:
      ^
     #define EMBX_INLINE
     ^
     ^
    make[2]: *** [Makefile:515: LocalTransformer.lo] Error 1
    make[2]: *** [Makefile:529: MMEMessageQueue.lo] Error 1
    make[2]: *** [Makefile:501: mme_linux_user.lo] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [Makefile:368: all] Error 2
    Geändert von ghani (21.01.2024 um 04:58 Uhr)
    DREAMBOX 900UHD + IPBOX 900HD + IPBOX 91HD