Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 54

Baum-Darstellung

Developer
    Thanks
    The project approach

The reason I started to try and bring Enigma2/Neutrino to the 4th generation Fortis receivers is twofold:
    • The duckbox-developers-git has an entry for the DP7000, so somebody (j00zek) already had provided a starting point;
    • I owned a DP7001 at that point in time.

I first set out to explore the DP7000 stuff in the git mentioned, and soon found out that it probably contained some files directly originated from Fortis, but also that apart from some basic aspects, not much had been done with regard to receiver specific development. In addition, apart from the initial commit, the git has been stationary with regard to the DP7000 up to now.

Then I devised an approach of my own. The first step was to build a debug kernel that can be loaded and started with the stock bootloader already present in the receiver. Once the printk output can be seen on the serial port of the receiver, its config can be tuned and the required features can be added one by one. This has led to the .config I am using for about two months now, although it is not finished and/or optimized. The current kernel loads (with one error remaining) and starts the /etc/init.d/.rcS. Later on in the project I succeeded in retrieving the .config used by Fortis from the kernel in one of the their stock firmwares and used that info to further tune the .config I use. So far I have only built with patch level 215.

The next step is one I foresaw I could not finish on my own (and one of the reasons I started this thread): try and get/build all the drivers. Some are simply missing and not created yet in any git like the frontpanel driver, others do probably exist but are not available publicly or not found yet (like the FDMA firmware). I have tried to write the missing drivers on my own, and succeeded for some. The order of building is simply the order the rcS script uses to install them.

When the essential drivers are all ready, the next step would be to adapt Enigma2/Neutrino to the receiver(s), but that point has not been reached yet.

More to come, the kernel is in the next posting...

Regards,

Audioniek.
    Receivers: Rebox: RE-4000, 8000, 9000, 2200, 2210, 2220, 4200, 4210, 4220, 8220, 8500, SAB Unix Triple, Golden Media Spark TripleX, Amiko Alien 2+, Sogno Spark Revolution, Kathrein UFS910(1 & 14W)/912/913/922(CX24116 & AVL2108 tuners), Vizyon revolution 820HD PVR, AB IPBox 91HD/9000HD/9000HD rev.2, Xsarius Alpha HD10, nBox BKSA/BSLA/BXZB/BZZB, Vitamin HD 5000
    Sats: Astra 1, 2 & 3, Hotbird
    Main activity: building my own E2 images for Fortis receivers

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Audioniek For This Useful Post: