Neuer Benutzer Avatar von moonlightrider
    Thanks
    Zitat Zitat von joeuser Beitrag anzeigen
    Do you have a 2 or 2+?
    Mine is an Alien 2 clone

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Thanks
    Not sure if this helps the debugging, but I observed the following:

After the problem starts, the first time selecting a channel on the other dvbs tuner:

Quickly displays message:

Service not found!
    (SID not found in PAT)

When trying second channel (without switching back to working tuner first)

After some time displays message:

No data on transponder!
    (Timeout reading PAT)

Or, if after selecting channel on the other dvbs tuner, after receiving the message:

Service not found!
    (SID not found in PAT)

If I open mediaplayer and watch some recording for a few minutes, when I stop and exit mediaplayer I get a blank screen and after some time receive the message:

No data on transponder!
    (Timeout reading PAT)
    So the first time is the SID error, later it is with reading the PAT, even for the same channel.

I am guessing this is due to the PAT being cached and then trying to be re-read when the SID is not found...

Benutzer
    Thanks
    And I have;

- Genuine Amiko Alien2 - 2 x dvbs2
    - Golden Media Triplex - 2 x dvbs2 1x dvb t/c
    - Amiko ailen-8900 - 1 x dvbs2

And yes, the problem only affects the twin/triple tuner machines, single tuner systems seem to be unaffected.

It may well be, as suggested, a drivers/hardware interaction but it's unfortunate for HDMU that these images seem to be badly affected (although not all users are reporting the problem so there may be other interactions going on here) while PKT Hyperion and Vix4 to name but 2 others seem entirely unaffected.

The difficulty is that in my experience the problem seems to occur randomly which does make tracking down the cause hard - I've certainly never been able to pin down the sequence of events which triggers this - although I confess that having moved the twin tuner boxes to Vix4 (which has other but much less serious problems) I've been fairly reluctant to experiment again with HDMU on any sort of long term basis because I 'know' that from previous reports there wasn't much enthusiasm for investigating and fixing this and I find needing to reboot the box to get out of the problem tiresome......

I do wonder though whether if it's not affecting some users there isn't some sort of interaction with a plugin.... so in case it gives anyone any clues here's the list of plugins I use in HDMU;

28.2 Autobouquets
    partnerbox
    change spinner
    EMC v3.0
    CoolTV v7.0
    Autotimer
    CrossEPG

as well of course as all the standard ones already installed when you flash the image.

Any clues anyone!

Cheers

Andy

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Thanks
    I have not installed any extra plugins, and have made no configuration changes to the pre-installed plugins in the image.

Benutzer
    Thanks
    Zitat Zitat von joeuser Beitrag anzeigen
    I have not installed any extra plugins, and have made no configuration changes to the pre-installed plugins in the image.
    Which rather seems to rule out any involvement of any of the additional plugins..... and it doesn't seem to matter if you use HDMU Media Centre or EMC, so it's not the media player front end that's the problem. Where do we go form here I wonder?

Thanks
    I've changed my mind and gone to test OpenATV image first instead of HDMU

Downloaded and flashed last image
    Don't took long to be disappointment, the slow speed, the interface (default skin sucks!), and the same issue after stop recording.

Like in HDMU, if I start recording a channel and stay watching the same channel, or change channel but to the same transponder(sat) I still have picture in all tuners after I stop recording. When recording and change channel to another tuner, the same happens after stopping recording, no picture in one tuner. OpenATV not even displays "SID not found in PAT", just black!!

Guess I go back to Hyperion... and I'm really tired of flashing over and over again.

Did you guys tried an older version of HDMU? Like from a year ago or more? I would, but not in the mood right now, kinda tired of this!

Off-topic
    Do you guys have problems when flashing images with the same usb pen drive? I need to change pen drive at every flash, when I use the same ones flash never starts!

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Thanks
    I understand. I am a little tired also. What we really need is a debug image or better yet, a custom debug enigma2 executable with more detailed output to track down the problem.

I have not tried an older image. I was using another openpli build from 2013 (http://sourceforge.net/projects/openplihybridfo/) which had the same problem. It is what prompted me to try something new...

Never had a problem using the same flash drive over and over. Usually I rename the old enigma2 folder to engima2_hdmu_x.x and then create a new enigma2 folder with new image. Especially because I quite often end up going back...
    Geändert von joeuser (30.01.2015 um 00:19 Uhr)

Thanks
    About that flash thing... I've shredded free space and cluster tips and now seems to work.
    I think box detects deleted/even formatted files because they are just marked to be overwritten..

From 2013... well seems this issue always been around, not good news then.
    I have huge respect for these guys, HDMU is fast and clean, much more than other will ever be, but this issue completely ruins it for me. I'm always recording stuff...

That said, PKT or even SPARK seems the only options to me.

Developer
    Thanks
    hm... How you enable PIP? It does not work to me at all, regarless of the image.

Benutzer
    Thanks
    I confirm this issue has been in HDMU for a long time - I can go back to image 11840 and the problem is occurs with that image - so possibly been in HDMU since day 1.....

It's interesting that there seems to be no attempt to find and fix it - or maybe it's not possible to fix it?

Anyway, as I said above for me HDMU is not usable on my twin/triple tuners, only works properly on the single tuner system.

I've never had it happen on Hyperion 4 or on Vix4 - I now prefer Vix4 for the twin and triple tuner systems...... I'd be willing to participate in testing HDMU again on the twin tuners if I thought that there was any realistic prospect of this problem being fixed!