Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7
    Developer
    Thanks

New aotom.ko for Sparks

Hello everybody,

After I finally had access to a DVFD variant of the Spark7162 I set out to fix the problem reported with the Audioniek aotom.ko frontpanel driver (no text display, but 'boot'). The fix was quite elementary.

Then I explored the remaining frontpanel features usually supported in the driver, and for the DVFD models that was surprisingly little. In fact the code gave the impression that someone had started on the job but quit after the text display was working.

The differences between the VFD and DVFD frontpanels are as follows:
    1. VFD models have a 5 character 7-segment field in which they display the clock. This clock display cannot be switched off at the current revision of the driver, although there is some non-working code meant to achieve this. The normal texts are displayed in the larger text area, which is 8 characters long using 14-segments. DVFD models have 16 dot matrix characters; the dot matrix is 5 x 7 pixels. Standard this area is divided up as the first five characters for the clock, an unused position to separate the clock from the text area, and the remaining 10 characters for the text display, two more than on the VFD models.
    2. The clock display can be switched on and off. When off, all 16 frontpanel display characters can be used to display texts. There was already some rudimentary code in the driver to support this.
    3. VFD models have 45 icons. DVFD models have 15 icons, one of which is a composite. The composite icon consists of two parts: a Dolby logo followed by a D and next to it a plus. When both are on they display Dolby Digital plus. Six of the 16 icons serve the same function compared to the VFD models.
    4. Just as the Spark, the Spark7162 DVFD models have a green LED that is controlled in exactly the same way.

I set out to support all this as compatible as possible in the current aotom.ko presented here. This resulted in the following:

Font cleanup
    The character font in the driver was a mess with inconsistent use of serifs and lower case characters sitting 1 pixel too high to give g, p and q something of a descender. The result was a hard to read display that looked very sloppy when lower and upper case were both used in a text. The font has been stripped of all serifs, the appearance of the digits between the clock display and the text part is now the same (yes, they were different!), and lower case now has a consistent height.

Icon control
    The next step was icon control. I have implemented the sixteen icons, maintaining compatibility with the numbering used on the VFD models:
    - Icon 46 still switches all icons on or off;
    - Icon 47 is the spinner on VFD models. The spinner is absent on DVFD models;
    - The DVFD icons were given the numbers 48 and up:
    48 = ICON_CA2 (also on VFD, number 11)
    49 = ICON_CI2 (also on VFD, number 12)
    50 = ICON_USB2 (also on VFD, number 13)
    51 = ICON_DOUBLESCREEN2 (also on VFD, number 14, see ICON_HD))
    52 = ICON_WIFI
    53 = ICON_3G
    54 = ICON_BLUETOOTH
    55 = ICON_DNLA
    56 = ICON_HD (not on VFD, but shown also with VFD number 14)
    57 = ICON_MUTE2 (also on VFD, number 8)
    58 = ICON_DOLBY2 (also on VFD, numbers 10 & 26)
    59 = ICON_DOLBY_PLUS
    60 = ICON_DTS
    61 = ICON_HBBTV
    62 = ICON_HOME
    63 = ICON_INTERNET
    The composite icon has been given some extra code with 58 being only the Dolby logo and 59 the Dolby logo combined with the plus, leaving the plus by itself uncontrollable (I saw no practical use for the single plus). In addition, the icons that are also present on the VFD models can be controlled using their VFD numbers. This maintains compatibility with the existing VFD-Icons.py.

Clock on/off
    The clock can be switched on and off (with fp_control -tm 0/1) at will. Switching the clock will maintain the current display text and icons (the original driver just blanked the entire display but for the clock if switched on). The text scroll routine in the driver is aware of the difference in display length between the two modes and scrolls correctly with texts longer than either 10 or 16 characters.
    The clock on/off state is maintained also through complete power on/off and deep standby.

Display on/off
    With fp_control -L 0/1 the display could be switched on or off with both LED and VFD models. It now also works on DVFD models.

Remote control and frontpanel keyboard feedback
    I have used the green LED for feedback on keypresses on the remote control or on the frontpanel keyboard, as there is no icon for this function. The green LED can be controlled in two ways: as LED 1 (fp_control -l 1 0/1/2..255) or icon 45 (fp_control -i 45 0/1). The latter has been built in to be compatible with the existing evremote2. As on the other models, the LEDs can also blink.

Brightness control
    Although the code already contained some indication this is possible and I also wrote some new code to achieve this, I have not succeeded so far, so that remains to be fixed. Maybe someone with more knowledge of the DVFD front panel can help out.

The new aotom.ko has been tested on a Spark (Sogno Spark Revolution), a Spark7162 VFD (SAB Unix Triple) and a Spark7162 DVFD (Amiko Alien 2+) and works as intended and as described here.

The source code has been pushed to my git, which also contains a partly adapted fp_control (the current version is not aware yet of the presence of either a VFD or DVFD frontpanel but will be soon). Older fp_control versions do not support -tm on Sparks and cannot switch the clock.

Regards,

Audioniek.

The new aotom.ko in a .zip: aotom_Spark_DVFD_update.zip
    Geändert von Audioniek (11.04.2015 um 20:15 Uhr) Grund: Latest aotom.ko in attachment
    Receivers: Rebox: RE-4000, 8000, 9000, 2200, 2210, 2220, 4200, 4210, 4220, 8220, 8500, SAB Unix Triple, Golden Media Spark TripleX, Amiko Alien 2+, Sogno Spark Revolution, Kathrein UFS910(1 & 14W)/912/913/922(CX24116 & AVL2108 tuners), Vizyon revolution 820HD PVR, AB IPBox 91HD/9000HD/9000HD rev.2, Xsarius Alpha HD10, nBox BKSA/BSLA/BXZB/BZZB, Vitamin HD 5000
    Sats: Astra 1, 2 & 3, Hotbird
    Main activity: building my own E2 images for Fortis receivers

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Audioniek For This Useful Post:

Moderator Avatar von KleinerSchelm
    Thanks
    Hallo Danke Audioniek,
    der treiber ist im nächsten HDMU Image drin.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KleinerSchelm For This Useful Post:

Developer
    Thanks
    Hello everybody,

As promised, fp_control has been updated to match the new aotom. You can find it in the attachment. The source code is in my git.

Regards,

Audioniek.

The new fp_control in a .zip: fp_control_Spark_DVFD_update.zip
    Receivers: Rebox: RE-4000, 8000, 9000, 2200, 2210, 2220, 4200, 4210, 4220, 8220, 8500, SAB Unix Triple, Golden Media Spark TripleX, Amiko Alien 2+, Sogno Spark Revolution, Kathrein UFS910(1 & 14W)/912/913/922(CX24116 & AVL2108 tuners), Vizyon revolution 820HD PVR, AB IPBox 91HD/9000HD/9000HD rev.2, Xsarius Alpha HD10, nBox BKSA/BSLA/BXZB/BZZB, Vitamin HD 5000

Neuer Benutzer
    Thanks
    has this been built in to the latest image for the alien2

Neuer Benutzer
    Thanks
    ok tried this on the latest HDMU and because its gone to 217 from 215 it doesnt seem to work all i get is boot now, were before i had the channel on the vfd

any fix for this

Developer
    Thanks
    In my git you will find the source code for an adapted aotom for the Sparks. The driver now evaluates the type of display in the receiver by asking the front panel CPU and uses this info throughout, in stead of depending on the receiver model. This change was made because the Edision Pingulux Plus is a Spark with a VFD in stead of a LED as the other Sparks usually have. The driver has been tested on a Spark with LED, a Spark7162 with VFD and a Spark7162 with DVFD. Unfortunately I do not have a Pingulux Plus, so maybe an owner can report if this version is an improvement. The owners of all other Spark variants should note no difference at all as basic functionality has not been changed.

Regards,

Audioniek.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Audioniek For This Useful Post:

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Thanks
    Vielen Dank, funktioniert wieder Klasse!!!!
    VFD wird erkannt und alle Sachen leuchten wieder wie vorher

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lockoo For This Useful Post: