+ Antworten
Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5
    Developer
    Thanks

Topfield TF77X0HDPVR revisited

This receiver family consitutes perhaps one of the oldest families of HD satellite receivers around and also one of the earliest to be supported by the SH4 enigma2 variant. I was given a tired TF7700HDPVR recently and after the standard rejuvenation (new electrolytic capacitors in the power supply, replacement of the blown LNB voltage regulators and a new RTC battery) I ended up with an attractive twin receiver with a built-in harddisk and a very sturdy remote control. This is what I call quality stuff.

My attention then went to the enigma2 for the receiver and it soon became apparent that some aspects of that were almost as old as the receiver itself and were in my view in need of some maintenance. This thread describes what I have done for this model.

1. TFinstaller
    In order to be able to store and run enigma2 from the hard disk as the flash memory is too small to hold enigma2 in (or even neutrino for that matter) somebody came up with a clever process to achieve that and that can be summarized as the tfinstaller. It lives in the cdk directory. The tfinstaller effectively consists of three parts:

• Creation of the Enigma_installer.tfd. This is a Topfield flash file that only changes the bootargs in the bootloader (with a Topfield the bootargs can be flashed through a file, as opposed to for example Fortis receivers).
    • In order to make the Enigma_installer.tfd, a programme is required to create Topfield flash files called tfpacker. The current tfpacker can indeed create a .tfd flash file, but the reverse process it cannot do.
    • Creation of the uImage that is used one to install enigma2 on the the receivers' hard disk.

tfpacker
    The thing I did was extend tfpacker with the capability to unpack an existing .tfd flash file into its components. I needed that to unravel the way the whole installation process works. Although some other software to achieve this floats around in the internet, I soon found out it was old (requires Windows XP for instance) and could not be used under Linux, it was rather buggy, and does not even write the correct output but an intermediate format called .asm in Topfield circles.
    The current new version of tfpacker is command line compatible with the old one, but can also unpack a .tfd file into either its binary components or the Topfield .asm format. In addition the possiblity to set the model number in the .tfd to write was added (the previous version always writes 0x9999).

uImage
    The uImage used to install enigma2 holds a mini environment called initramfs. In that environment the main components are the startup file rcS, the script deploy.sh and a busybox binary. The documentation stated a problem with the latter: you needed to use a rather old busybox binary held in the git, otherwise things would not work. Upon investigation I learned that some things provided by that busybox binary had been taken out in newer versions, so a new busybox indeed did not work properly. To fix this the file initramfs_list was updated and the old binary, which was also quite large, is no longer required. In its place it uses the busybox binary already built for the enigma2 release itself, which is quite a bit smaller.

The actual process of installation is carried out by the script deploy.sh has been freed of some minor bugs and has been polished regarding consistent log output.

The resulting uImage is compiled using the same kernel .config that is used to build enigma2 with, with the required changes automatically inserted/added using grep statements. After the installation kernel is made, everything is put back as it was, which was already the case.

The process of creating the installation medium (on a USB stick) is effectively unchanged, and was already automated in the flash environment: just run ./flash.sh after building an image for the TF7700HDPVR.

The only remark in this respect that I would like to make is that I feel the tfinstaller does not belong in the cdk directory but should reside in the flash environment. I have not moved it there as everybody is used to its current location.

2. The display driver tffp
    Compared to the other display drivers for enigma2 I have knowledge of, the driver tffp poses some exceptions to the rule. Because of this it requires a special control programme tffpctl, whereas the majority of other receivers use fp_control for this job. The driver also has a feature that uses procfs to control certain aspects of the display. This has been taken over in the latest aotom driver for the Fulan sparks.

After studying the tffp source I found it to be in need of maintenance and improvement. It could not for instance control all icons that are in the front panel display, and most can only be switched using some elaborate bit-oriented commands (although through this approach one can switch multiple icons on/off with just one command). tffp could also be used using the more or less standard IOCTL interface but that one was also seriously lacking completeness. After some rainy sunday afternoons, a new tffp has seen the light of day, with the following enhancements:

• The source code has been cleaned up with consistent indenting (using tabs) and use of braces. It no longer produces compiler warnings when built;
    • All icons can now be controlled using the standard IOCTL commands. Historically, some icons were remapped to also respond the numbers enigma2 sent that were supposed to become standard, but this latter aspect never became reality. To overcome this, the old two sets of icon numbers have been left into place and a new consistent set has been added (this has the result that some icons can be controlled using three different numbers, this is intentional)

The icon number list is:
    Code:
        /* Common legacy icons (not all of them present): */
        VFD_ICON_HD = 0x01,
        VFD_ICON_HDD,
        VFD_ICON_LOCK,
        VFD_ICON_BT,
        VFD_ICON_MP3,
        VFD_ICON_MUSIC,
        VFD_ICON_DD,
        VFD_ICON_MAIL,
        VFD_ICON_MUTE,
        VFD_ICON_PLAY,
        VFD_ICON_PAUSE,
        VFD_ICON_FF,
        VFD_ICON_FR,
        VFD_ICON_REC,
        VFD_ICON_CLOCK,
        /* Additional unique TF77X0 icons
           The CD icons: */
        VFD_ICON_CD1 = 0x20,
        VFD_ICON_CD2,
        VFD_ICON_CD3,
        VFD_ICON_CD4,
        VFD_ICON_CD5,
        VFD_ICON_CD6,
        VFD_ICON_CD7,
        VFD_ICON_CD8,
        VFD_ICON_CD9,
        VFD_ICON_CD10,
        VFD_ICON_CDCENTER = 0x2f,
        /* The HDD level display icons: */
        VFD_ICON_HDD1 = 0x30,
        VFD_ICON_HDD_1,
        VFD_ICON_HDD_2,
        VFD_ICON_HDD_3,
        VFD_ICON_HDD_4,
        VFD_ICON_HDD_5,
        VFD_ICON_HDD_6,
        VFD_ICON_HDD_7,
        VFD_ICON_HDD_8,
        VFD_ICON_HDD_FRAME,
        VFD_ICON_HDD_FULL = 0x3a,
        /* The remaining TF77X0 icons,
           approximately in display order: */
        VFD_ICON_MP3_2 = 0x40,
        VFD_ICON_AC3,
        VFD_ICON_TIMESHIFT,
        VFD_ICON_TV,
        VFD_ICON_RADIO,
        VFD_ICON_SAT,
        VFD_ICON_REC2,
        VFD_ICON_RECONE,
        VFD_ICON_RECTWO,
        VFD_ICON_REWIND,
        VFD_ICON_STEPBACK,
        VFD_ICON_PLAY2,
        VFD_ICON_STEPFWD,
        VFD_ICON_FASTFWD,
        VFD_ICON_PAUSE2,
        VFD_ICON_MUTE2,
        VFD_ICON_REPEATL,
        VFD_ICON_REPEATR,
        VFD_ICON_DOLLAR,
        VFD_ICON_ATTN,
        VFD_ICON_DOLBY,
        VFD_ICON_NETWORK, 
        VFD_ICON_AM,
        VFD_ICON_TIMER,
        VFD_ICON_PM,
        VFD_ICON_DOT,
        VFD_ICON_POWER,
        VFD_ICON_COLON,
        VFD_ICON_SPINNER, //(0x5c)
        VFD_ICON_ALL = 0x7f
    As can be seen, the setup list has the following distinct parts:
    - Legacy (standard) enigma2 icons: 1 through 15;
    - CD icons: 32 through 41 and 47 (center circle) (this was already there);
    - HDD icons: 48 through 56, 57 (frame) and 58 (FULL indicator) (this was also already there);
    - The other icons: 64 through 91 (these are new).

Because the VFD display of Spark receivers is effectively the same, two features of the spark aotom driver have been added. Icon 92 is the spinner and rotates the CD segments clockwise. The spinning is done in a separate timer thread. Opposed to the spark driver the spinning speed is not controllable: the spinner is either on or off. The second special icon is icon 127: all icons off or on.

Standard IOCTL entries for standby, power off, reboot, brightness control and display on/of have been added. Together with the already existing IOCTL for text display, this in theory means that fp_control can be used to control the Topfields front panel display, as the driver is now fully compatible with the others in this respect. Please note that the current version of fp_control does not support the TF77X0HDPVR (yet?).

The driver now also supports the front panel battery clock as a Linux compatible rtc. This means the Linux kernel recognises it and starts with the correct system time and date, provided the battery is OK and the clock has been set correctly previously. Because of the battery, the clock survives complete power downs and blackouts.

For more information, see the source code itself. This version is of course upwards compatible with the previous versions of tffp.

3. The tffpctl programme
    Has been given the same treatment of cleaning up the source code. It supports one new command option --spinner, to be followed by 0 for off or 1 for on:

Code:
    tffpctl --spinner 1    # switch spinner on
    All source code can be found in my git (in apps/tools/tffpctl, driver/frontcoller/tffp and cdk/tfinstaller). The git also holds my version of the remote control keymap that uses the original key meanings as close as possible. For a reason I cannot fathom yet, the enigma2 startup wizard refuses to display the remote control key arrows.

I hope you like all this and find it useful.

Regards,

Audioniek.
    Receivers: Rebox: RE-4000, 8000, 9000, 2200, 2210, 2220, 4200, 4210, 4220, 8220, 8500, SAB Unix Triple, Golden Media Spark TripleX, Amiko Alien 2+, Sogno Spark Revolution, Kathrein UFS910(1 & 14W)/912/913/922(CX24116 & AVL2108 tuners), Vizyon revolution 820HD PVR, AB IPBox 91HD/9000HD/9000HD rev.2, Xsarius Alpha HD10, nBox BKSA/BSLA/BXZB/BZZB, Vitamin HD 5000
    Sats: Astra 1, 2 & 3, Hotbird
    Main activity: building my own E2 images for Fortis receivers

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Audioniek For This Useful Post:

Neuer Benutzer
    Thanks
    Thanks so much for this useful toturial more grace to your elbow

Neuer Benutzer
    Thanks
    hallo wu bekome ich eine image fur topfield

Developer
    Thanks
    Noch ein bisschen Geduld; es wird daran gearbeitet. Siehe mal hier.

Gruesse,

Audioniek.
    Receivers: Rebox: RE-4000, 8000, 9000, 2200, 2210, 2220, 4200, 4210, 4220, 8220, 8500, SAB Unix Triple, Golden Media Spark TripleX, Amiko Alien 2+, Sogno Spark Revolution, Kathrein UFS910(1 & 14W)/912/913/922(CX24116 & AVL2108 tuners), Vizyon revolution 820HD PVR, AB IPBox 91HD/9000HD/9000HD rev.2, Xsarius Alpha HD10, nBox BKSA/BSLA/BXZB/BZZB, Vitamin HD 5000
    Sats: Astra 1, 2 & 3, Hotbird
    Main activity: building my own E2 images for Fortis receivers

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Thanks
    Zitat Zitat von Audioniek Beitrag anzeigen
    ..... es wird daran gearbeitet. Siehe mal hier.

Gruesse,

Audioniek.
    ... und auch schon installiert!

Danke dafür, dass Du meine TF7700 aus ihrem Image-"Dornröschen"-Schlaf erweckst.
    Ich dachte schon, die müssten auf dem geschätzten, aber schon etwas in die Jahre gekommenen HDMU-Image hängen bleiben. Leider haben sich dennoch ein paar kleine Stolpersteine einem absolut reibungslosen Betrieb in den Weg gestellt - wohl eher meiner Unkenntnis bzgl. Image als dem Image selbst geschuldet.

Gruß
    Philips D-Box2 @gli
    OpenTel ODS 4000 CI
    Homecast S8000 CIPVR
    Div. Topfield TF 7700HDPVR & TF 7750HDPVR @AAF & HDMU & OpenPli
    Denon AVR-2310 & DBP-1610 - Panasonic TX-P46S20E