Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 33

Baum-Darstellung

Developer
    Thanks
    Zitat Zitat von santa Beitrag anzeigen
    Audioniek, gst und eplayer werden ausschließlich nur für wiedergabe von externen files oder streams genutzt!
    Also, FTA, decrypt, Timeshift, und wiedergabe von Aufnahmen sind davon unabhängig!
    If that is the case we are all building far too complex and too large images and have been doing so for years on end (or I completely miss the point). If playback of external files is what these imageparts are needed for, then I fail to understand something: playing back a recording made by the receiver itself is technically exactly the same process as playing a file on a NAS or a USB-stick, only the location and way of access is different and that is largely resolved by the kernel. This in turn means eplayer3 and gstreamer are needed only to play back file formats other than the format(s) transmitted by the satellite.

I use my phone for making calls (and nothing else, it is very dumb), my car to take me from A to Z and back (I despise cars that only go as far as B) and my satellite receiver for watching and recording satellite tv. I do NOT (mis)use my receiver to do the washing up: it does a very poor job at that. There is better and cheaper hardware out there for playing about any file in any or almost any format stored in about any location including the cloud called a media player; the last one I bought cost about 30 euros and does a better job than my VU+ Ultimo, the last surving MIPS-disaster in my household.

The second thing that amazes me in this context is that neutrino has about the same capabilities as E2 does, does about everything twice as fast in an image that is only one third of the size of E2 and builds in half the time. Neutrino also proves to me that eplayer3 and gstreamer are both just unneeded memory and resource eating ballast that has no place in a satellite receiver, not even one that tries to be what it in my view clearly is not: a media player.

Santa, I do not want to be rude, and I thank you for making me understand (or completely misunderstand) all this.

Regards,

Audioniek.
    Geändert von Audioniek (13.04.2016 um 01:32 Uhr)
    Receivers: Rebox: RE-4000, 8000, 9000, 2200, 2210, 2220, 4200, 4210, 4220, 8220, 8500, SAB Unix Triple, Golden Media Spark TripleX, Amiko Alien 2+, Sogno Spark Revolution, Kathrein UFS910(1 & 14W)/912/913/922(CX24116 & AVL2108 tuners), Vizyon revolution 820HD PVR, AB IPBox 91HD/9000HD/9000HD rev.2, Xsarius Alpha HD10, nBox BKSA/BSLA/BXZB/BZZB, Vitamin HD 5000
    Sats: Astra 1, 2 & 3, Hotbird
    Main activity: building my own E2 images for Fortis receivers