+ Antworten
Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 33

Hybrid-Darstellung

Developer
    Thanks
    Hello everybody,

First of all, my ten cents on the subject. Historically E2 was either built with eplayer3 or gstreamer. When I started in this business I had no idea what to choose and what the (dis-)advantages were although I vaguely remember gstreamer was the recommended one. Either choice yielded a working image, and on that level I could not notice any practical differences between the two players either. Then somebody who is much cleverer than I am in this respect, found a way to combine the two and again I had no idea what the (dis-)advantages of that approach would be (one can be that this is the best of both worlds). From then on everybody apparently built E2 with the two framework option, and so did I.

Regarding my git, I simply follow its parent Duckbox Developers maintained by Max in this respect, assuming everything will build without error. Apparently, it does not any more. It is my view that a build option should either work properly or be absent. I will start some research into the matter and perform some test builds. Options that do not build without error will subsequently disappaer from my git, until the the build problem is fixed (if at all possible). This may lead to another situation, namely all three possible image types automatically build with the framework they need (the other two, neutrino and tvheadend use built-in, wrongly spelt in most gits) and with that approach the framework build option would disappear altogether.
    Another approach can be to to the latter by definition as building with only gstreamer or eplayer3 brings no advantage anyway, but as stated before I lack the knowledge to make a sound decision on that and therefore would to see some democracy on this.

The reason for the latter is that I tend to keep my git as close as possible to its master, the Duckbox Developers gits maintained by Max. This reduces the amount of handywork to keep it up to date. I hope Max reads all this as well and will leave some feedback on what he would like to see happen.

Starting the first test build now....

Regards,

Audioniek.
    Receivers: Rebox: RE-4000, 8000, 9000, 2200, 2210, 2220, 4200, 4210, 4220, 8220, 8500, SAB Unix Triple, Golden Media Spark TripleX, Amiko Alien 2+, Sogno Spark Revolution, Kathrein UFS910(1 & 14W)/912/913/922(CX24116 & AVL2108 tuners), Vizyon revolution 820HD PVR, AB IPBox 91HD/9000HD/9000HD rev.2, Xsarius Alpha HD10, nBox BKSA/BSLA/BXZB/BZZB, Vitamin HD 5000
    Sats: Astra 1, 2 & 3, Hotbird
    Main activity: building my own E2 images for Fortis receivers

Developer
    Thanks
    Result of first test build (eplayer3 only): Basic part if the image builds without errors, but the build of OpenPLi/E2 aborts with this error:
    Code:
    base/wrappers.cpp:7:18: fatal error: glib.h: No such file or directory
     #include <glib.h>
    Apparently libglib is not built or cannot be found.

Regards,

Audioniek.
    Receivers: Rebox: RE-4000, 8000, 9000, 2200, 2210, 2220, 4200, 4210, 4220, 8220, 8500, SAB Unix Triple, Golden Media Spark TripleX, Amiko Alien 2+, Sogno Spark Revolution, Kathrein UFS910(1 & 14W)/912/913/922(CX24116 & AVL2108 tuners), Vizyon revolution 820HD PVR, AB IPBox 91HD/9000HD/9000HD rev.2, Xsarius Alpha HD10, nBox BKSA/BSLA/BXZB/BZZB, Vitamin HD 5000
    Sats: Astra 1, 2 & 3, Hotbird
    Main activity: building my own E2 images for Fortis receivers

Developer Avatar von max
    Thanks
    Was soll ich dazu sagen, früher gab es auch e2 Image wo man Eplayer oder GSTgst wählen konnte und auch Neutrino wurde früher mit Eplayer gebaut, bis dieser dann extra in stb-hal gekommen ist für Neutrino um beim E2 nichts kaputt zu machen.
    Nur GST ist/war auch für mohousch sein neutrinohd2 und daher gibt es halt noch die ganzen Punkte zum bauen.
    Ich selber brauche E2 nicht, daher auch der alte stand vom letzten Jahr, als Test für GST 1.0. (macht auch keinen Spaß wenn man alles allein machen muss ;-) )
    Und so als Anmerkung die 1 in enigma2-pli-nightly.mk ist nicht umsonst leer, Damit baut zb HDMU das E2, es gibt im Netzt auch 3 aktuelle Gits von E2 die auch nur mit ffmeg laufen, wo man den punkt 1 auch nutzen könnte.
    Um dieses nicht alles zu erklären zu müssen, ist irgend wann auch das recommended für e2 und neutrino in make.sh gekommen und wer meint es anders bauen zu müssen, kann sich gerne einbringen und Patche bereitstellen,
    die man im git hinterlegen kann.

Für mich ist es immer noch ein Hobby, mit den Jahren kommt es aber auch so, was man nicht braucht wird auch nicht mehr gepflegt.

das waren meine 10 Cent zum Thema um etwas licht ins dunkel zu bringen.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to max For This Useful Post: