@Max: thanks for your input.If you need/want help maintaining your git, just ask for it and I will be there for you.

Meanwhile I have done a second test build (gstreamer only). Build completes without error (that is: one; the dvb-mediasink git has been changed and its contents no longer needs patching; do a git pull first or edit the patch out if you want to try). Image flashes, starts and seems to run normally (caution: the latter at this point in time means just this:
1. Can tune in an FTA transmitter and display its programme;
2. The programme received can be recorded;
3. The recording can be played back.
All other aspects have not been tried/tested!)

This all leaves me with the impression that the build failure with eplayer3 only may merely be caused by a minor problem that has krept into the build environment ages ago, was never detected until kader_73 did try to build this way and probably also is relatively easy to fix. I will put in some effort toward that goal and report back here when something useful can be reported.

For the near future: build as you see fit with with the git you like and with eplayer3+gstreamer as the recommended and well tried way to go if you build E2.

Quote by Max: "es gibt im Netz auch 3 aktuelle Gits von E2 die auch nur mit ffmeg laufen" Realising this is completely off-topic: is this a way to get E2 running on the 4th generation Fortis receivers (my abandoned pet-project)? Any input is appreciated!

Regards,

Audioniek.

- - - Aktualisiert - - -

Zitat Zitat von kader_73 Beitrag anzeigen
is it fair to suggest eplayer3 as option 1?
The option numbers have evolved historically and have, as far as I am concerned, no deeper meaning. This latter aspect is further demonstrated by the recommended comment and even some more info is given in the case of the Open-PLI diff-option (also see the comment by Max about this). In the near future I plan to move this latter option into make.sh, as it breaks the build by becoming interactive at about the 90% level (time-wise speaking). This would also make the build process more consistent; the neutrino variant for instance is asked for in make.sh. A neutrino or tvheadend build never becomes interactive unless a fatal error has occurred.

It is relatively easy to shuffle option numbers around (it merely involves editing some scripts), but for me this adds nothing new or useful as I start all my builds using short scripts.

Regards,

Audioniek.