Yes it does. Regarding my git, it will remain a close copy of the git maintained by Max. The things that are different are different because I like my approach better, or things simply do not work in other gits or are obsolete. Examples of these phenomena are:
- My git refuses to build anything if you forget to put in the .elf files (a sensible thing asked for by a user);
- An example of the second the fixed Harddisk.py in OpenPli. No git has it (it is part of the diff-files maintained by me) but the option Menu -> Setup -> Harddisk -> Initialize works as intended when built from my git. If it would not I would patch the menu option right out.
- An example if the third is the flash environment. My git supports flashing any image that fits in all Fortis models.

You can of course use any git you lkie for the a purpose you see fit. The only task I see here for me as maintainer is provide you with a build environment that gives you a much freedom in build options as possible. For this reason the possibility to build with gstreamer only will remain there, because it yields a valid and working image. The option to be able to build with eplayer3 only will either be fixed or disappear altogether because it no longer feasble to build this way. It up to the user of the git on how he/she wants built her image and I, as maintainer will not imposes choices upon the builder. In fact, I will spend time and effort to add an option: build E2 with ffmpeg only, as schpuntik and taapat are apparently doing in their gits. The whole thing is called open source and anybody can do with the code on offer as they see fit, provided they leave the credits in.

With these last sentences we are back on topic. I thank everybody for their feedback, and learned something.

And to put things in perspective somewhat further: next year I will be celebrating my 60th birthday.

Regards,

Audioniek.