+ Antworten
Seite 2 von 4 ErsteErste 1234 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 11 bis 20 von 33
    Developer
    Thanks
    Zitat Zitat von santa Beitrag anzeigen
    Audioniek, gst und eplayer werden ausschließlich nur für wiedergabe von externen files oder streams genutzt!
    Also, FTA, decrypt, Timeshift, und wiedergabe von Aufnahmen sind davon unabhängig!
    If that is the case we are all building far too complex and too large images and have been doing so for years on end (or I completely miss the point). If playback of external files is what these imageparts are needed for, then I fail to understand something: playing back a recording made by the receiver itself is technically exactly the same process as playing a file on a NAS or a USB-stick, only the location and way of access is different and that is largely resolved by the kernel. This in turn means eplayer3 and gstreamer are needed only to play back file formats other than the format(s) transmitted by the satellite.

I use my phone for making calls (and nothing else, it is very dumb), my car to take me from A to Z and back (I despise cars that only go as far as B) and my satellite receiver for watching and recording satellite tv. I do NOT (mis)use my receiver to do the washing up: it does a very poor job at that. There is better and cheaper hardware out there for playing about any file in any or almost any format stored in about any location including the cloud called a media player; the last one I bought cost about 30 euros and does a better job than my VU+ Ultimo, the last surving MIPS-disaster in my household.

The second thing that amazes me in this context is that neutrino has about the same capabilities as E2 does, does about everything twice as fast in an image that is only one third of the size of E2 and builds in half the time. Neutrino also proves to me that eplayer3 and gstreamer are both just unneeded memory and resource eating ballast that has no place in a satellite receiver, not even one that tries to be what it in my view clearly is not: a media player.

Santa, I do not want to be rude, and I thank you for making me understand (or completely misunderstand) all this.

Regards,

Audioniek.
    Geändert von Audioniek (13.04.2016 um 02:32 Uhr)
    Receivers: Rebox: RE-4000, 8000, 9000, 2200, 2210, 2220, 4200, 4210, 4220, 8220, 8500, SAB Unix Triple, Golden Media Spark TripleX, Amiko Alien 2+, Sogno Spark Revolution, Kathrein UFS910(1 & 14W)/912/913/922(CX24116 & AVL2108 tuners), Vizyon revolution 820HD PVR, AB IPBox 91HD/9000HD/9000HD rev.2, Xsarius Alpha HD10, nBox BKSA/BSLA/BXZB/BZZB, Vitamin HD 5000
    Sats: Astra 1, 2 & 3, Hotbird
    Main activity: building my own E2 images for Fortis receivers

Developer
    Thanks
    Zitat Zitat von Audioniek Beitrag anzeigen
    I use my phone for making calls (and nothing else, it is very dumb), my car to take me from A to Z and back (I despise cars that only go as far as B) and my satellite receiver for watching and recording satellite tv. I do NOT (mis)use my receiver to do the washing up: it does a very poor job at that. There is better and cheaper hardware out there for playing about any file in any or almost any format stored in about any location including the cloud called a media player; the last one I bought cost about 30 euros and does a better job than my VU+ Ultimo, the last surving MIPS-disaster in my household.
    I do understand you prefer to have specialized equipment to do any single thing, but this does not mean toys you are using does not have more functions than you use.
    For example, even you use your phone just for calling, it also has a webbrowser and email client. Or maybe you have bought old 10 years old cellphone?
    The point is, if a hardware & software is capable to do something, we should not block this option because we don't use it. Flexibility is the key.

And finally, sattelite tuner for general user is a blackbox. He does not want to educate why it does not play any avi movie and install/change components. All should work since the beginning. This means to me all functions should be included into image or easily (from RC) installable.
    My 2 cents

VIP Avatar von santa
    Thanks
    Thanked 5.005 Times in 1.790 Posts
    Alles gut, aber heutzutage nutzen die meisten User die e2 boxen für iptv, und das geht nur über gst oder eplayer, um so illegaler die Streams um so besser ist es für die User.

Ohne Mediaportal oder Albatros kämen die meisten User nicht mehr klar, und gerade dabei merkt man was eben e2 für eine bastelsoftware ist, denn es immer wieder mal Hänger oder greenscreens mit reboots.

Der gst ist schon recht groß, und ohne diesen wäre das Image Vielleicht 10MB kleiner, aber es passt ja alles noch rein.

Und Ausserdem merkt man dabei eben welche streams eben mal mit gst und welche mit dem ffm besser gehen.
    Man kann nicht pauschal sagen das einer von beiden besser ist, beide haben ihre Vorteile.

Python und e2 sind wie man dabei sieht relativ instabil und benötigt durch viele libs eine Menge Platz, und gefühlt wird es mit jedem update größer.
    Aber es gibt dadurch die meisten plugins und somit extrem viele Möglichkeiten es zu personalisieren.

Zusätzlich ist Python manchmal auch etwas langsam, was nit damals den Grund gab tinanit zu erfinden, da komplett in c geschrieben sollte es viel schneller sein.
    Aber wie man sieht ist die community viel zu klein, plugins und devs fehlen und somit völlig uninteressant.

Neutrino war Jahre lang was nur für puristen, es hatte keine "Graphische" Oberfläche mit Bildern usw, sondern es wurden lediglich Rahmen gezeichnet, ein Highlight war damals abgerundete Ecken.
    Neutrino ist dadurch aber sehr schnell und hat eben auch kein Python als zusätzliche Programmiersprache.
    Leider ist auch hier die community kleiner und somit gibt es weniger plugins usw.
    Aber Neutrino ist auch schon viel schöner geworden und multimedial sehr gut erweitert worden.
    Aber trotzdem sollte man sich sein Image schon selber bauen können um ea gut nutzen zu können, Ich glaub neutrino wird leider sein angestaubtes Image leider nicht so leicht los.

Enigma2 bleibt eben momentan die einzige Alternative für User die es schön bunt haben wollen und man keine Linux Kenntnisse haben muss.

Wir im hdmu sind immer stets bemüht die Images so klein und schnell wie möglich zu halten, aber im Bezug zu gst und eplayer sehe ich den Nutzfaktor dabei nicht.
    Das problem ist eben das enigma2 auf mips mit gst programmiert wird, und da gäbe es immer zu viel was zusätzlich angepasst werden müsste um ausschließlich auf ffm zu gehen.

von irgendwo mit Fingern geschrieben
    mfg santa

GigaBlue Quad Plus -->Yamaha AV Receiver-->Panasonic Plasma

derzeit noch in Betrieb:
    IPBox 9000, Technisat Digicorder HDS2+, AT 500

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to santa For This Useful Post:

Developer
    Thanks
    @santa: you are absolutely right. Neutrino is lighter and quicker. Actually I have both in one image and can switch beetween them without reseting/restarting tuner. So it is 2 in 1 system.

Led's works to me properly.

Developer
    Thanks
    Zitat Zitat von zdzislaw22 Beitrag anzeigen
    I do understand you prefer to have specialized equipment to do any single thing, but this does not mean toys you are using does not have more functions than you use.
    For example, even you use your phone just for calling, it also has a webbrowser and email client. Or maybe you have bought old 10 years old cellphone?
    First of all, thank you for your 2 cents. I understand your reasoning, but do not agree with it. The reason for that is twofold. The first is that multi functional devices almost always are collections of compromises, none of which is optimal. You gain features, but loose on quality. The second reason is that people tend to forget what a box originally is intended for and even "invent" or ask for new purposes for it, making it do things it was never good at in the first place (the first reason). This very often goes as far as forgetting the actual function the box was designed for and not using that function: "My box can do X, Y and Z, and even AA." When you inform them it can also do A (its original intended function) they are even surprised: "Wow! can it do that too?!" You are right: I will need more than one box for a collection of functions, where it is probably possible to have one box that does them all, but not optimally.
    Regarding phones: mine is 12 years old, features actual moving keys you can physically feel and provide tactile feedback, and audible feedback without even using a speaker. It was bought new. It also has a feature called SMS which I do not use. My computer has something called e-mail which is about a gazillion times better and more comfortable. My phone cannot browse the net or send e-mails. I do not need that. Yes, I do need more boxes than you. But I use them for much longer periods saving valuable resources and I enjoy higher quality experience on them.

Zitat Zitat von zdzislaw22 Beitrag anzeigen
    Flexibility is the key.
    That is one approach. I have a flexible approach too, and achieve the same things you do, but along completely different ways. With me, quality is the key feature.

My point is this: while adding features the product becomes bulky, hard to control and maintain and in case of Enigma2 even more unstable (read the observations by other developers). With E2 it is my gut feeling we have reached a point where solving one problem yields two new ones and adding a feature disturbs at least one good working feature we already had. Quality will only return when it is stripped down to a more basic form. Meanwhile people still ask for added functionality. What they actually need is either a new box, or (that is my approach) an extra box with the features they miss in the first one. The latter approach has a higher quality level, is easier to maintain, and for that reason alone is much cheaper in the long run. How many phones have you bought in the last 12 years? Me: zero, and you can reach me on the same number for almost 25 years now.

Thank you for reading all this. Regards,

Audioniek.
    Receivers: Rebox: RE-4000, 8000, 9000, 2200, 2210, 2220, 4200, 4210, 4220, 8220, 8500, SAB Unix Triple, Golden Media Spark TripleX, Amiko Alien 2+, Sogno Spark Revolution, Kathrein UFS910(1 & 14W)/912/913/922(CX24116 & AVL2108 tuners), Vizyon revolution 820HD PVR, AB IPBox 91HD/9000HD/9000HD rev.2, Xsarius Alpha HD10, nBox BKSA/BSLA/BXZB/BZZB, Vitamin HD 5000

Developer
    Thanks
    You and me have completely different view on the things. You prefere multiple specialized devices, I prefer one having all possible funcitons in it. We cannot say yours or mine is wrong, they are different.
    What does it mean from programist perspective? It means the compliation environment need to be flexible. If you like device with only one function included, you should have option to compile the image this way, but when I prefer to have everything in it, I also would like to have such possibility and not be blocked by programist, who does not agree with my approach. (nothing personal, just an example).

The only ask I do have is - Whatever will happen with repository, please do not block anything rather create multiple build options to fit as many needs as possible.

Makes sense?

VIP Avatar von santa
    Thanks
    Thanked 5.005 Times in 1.790 Posts
    Ich denke jeder User hat andere Ansprüche an seine Box und deswegen ist es super das jeder die Möglichkeit hat alles nutzen zu können.

Sh4 boxen sind vom Hersteller aus gar nicht für Enigma gedacht gewesen. Wer also nur TV schauen will, der kann auch das Hersteller Image weiter nutzen, wer aber ein schnelles Image haben will, der ist bei Neutrino richtig und wer alle Medien wiedergeben will und alles optisch anpassen will, der braucht eben enigma2.

Aber zurück zum Thema, eben nur mit gst und ffm kann man alles wiedergeben, da eben beide auch Nachteile haben.

Zum Thema mobil Phone, Ohne Smartphone wäre ich hier nie erreichbar, da ich kaum zu hause bin und wenn ich zu hause bin, andere Dinge erledigen muss.

Ich lass aber immer öfter mal mein Smartphone liegen um mal das Leben in ruhe genießen zu können, daher @audioniek, Manchmal beneide ich Menschen die kein Smartphone haben in der heutigen Zeit um seine ruhe zu haben.

von irgendwo mit Fingern geschrieben
    mfg santa

GigaBlue Quad Plus -->Yamaha AV Receiver-->Panasonic Plasma

derzeit noch in Betrieb:
    IPBox 9000, Technisat Digicorder HDS2+, AT 500

Developer
    Thanks
    Yes it does. Regarding my git, it will remain a close copy of the git maintained by Max. The things that are different are different because I like my approach better, or things simply do not work in other gits or are obsolete. Examples of these phenomena are:
    - My git refuses to build anything if you forget to put in the .elf files (a sensible thing asked for by a user);
    - An example of the second the fixed Harddisk.py in OpenPli. No git has it (it is part of the diff-files maintained by me) but the option Menu -> Setup -> Harddisk -> Initialize works as intended when built from my git. If it would not I would patch the menu option right out.
    - An example if the third is the flash environment. My git supports flashing any image that fits in all Fortis models.

You can of course use any git you lkie for the a purpose you see fit. The only task I see here for me as maintainer is provide you with a build environment that gives you a much freedom in build options as possible. For this reason the possibility to build with gstreamer only will remain there, because it yields a valid and working image. The option to be able to build with eplayer3 only will either be fixed or disappear altogether because it no longer feasble to build this way. It up to the user of the git on how he/she wants built her image and I, as maintainer will not imposes choices upon the builder. In fact, I will spend time and effort to add an option: build E2 with ffmpeg only, as schpuntik and taapat are apparently doing in their gits. The whole thing is called open source and anybody can do with the code on offer as they see fit, provided they leave the credits in.

With these last sentences we are back on topic. I thank everybody for their feedback, and learned something.

And to put things in perspective somewhat further: next year I will be celebrating my 60th birthday.

Regards,

Audioniek.

Developer Avatar von max
    Thanks
    Wenn ich auch noch mal ehrlich sein soll, mir gefällt das CDK in DDT auch nicht so richtig, da auch einige Fehler drin stecken.
    Mich hat es auch gestört, wenn man etwas ändern möchte das 5 Datein ändern muss.
    Daher habe ich auch die letzten Tage auch etwas geändert am CDK siehe hier https://github.com/MaxWiesel/cdk , ist aber noch nicht fertig.

mfg
    max

Developer
    Thanks
    Hello everybody,

Some posts back I said I would report back when there is something to report, and there is. I finally have been able to reproduce the error reported by kader_73 in the first post:

Code:
    In file included from service/servicemp3.cpp:14:0:
    ../lib/service/servicemp3record.h:7:21: fatal error: gst/gst.h: No such file or directory
     #include <gst/gst.h>
    When you open the file servicemp3record.h you will find the lettercombination gst a number of times in the code. The first observation is that E2 apparently needs gstreamer by definition, unless this file and its companion servicemp3record.c and possibly others are modified heavily. The short version of the answer to the question posed by kader_73 is: no, the current version of OpenPli E2 cannot be built without gstreamer.

This was already suspected by several others, and they were right. It may be possible to build with eplayer3 only, but this will need extensive patching within OpenPLi to achieve a negative result: you remove features that currently work as they should and which are taken for granted in MIPS-boxes.

My response (git-wise) will be as announced: the option to build with eplayer3 as the only framework will be removed with one of the next pushes. With these pushes you may expect a new more recent diff for OpenPli and a reworked fp_control, that produces better error messages in stead of segmentation faults when it is fed an incorrect command line, combined with usage messages that work as originally intended.

Regards,

Audioniek.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Audioniek For This Useful Post: