+ Antworten
Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 523

Hybrid-Darstellung

Developer
    Thanks
    Hello pablocool,

Again thanks for your feedback again. Meanwhile I have acquired an unmodified BSKA, two unmodified BXZB's and a BSLA already converted to Enigma2, as they are ridiculously cheap in Poland if you now where to look, although they are used receivers (seller says so honestly and even throws in a new remote and a new external power supply). The BSKA has received a new set of power supply capacitors and has been converted to E2 by myself (using the 2nd mother board and parallel connected NAND flash memories procedure), so now I have at least one receiver with VFD and one with LED to develop with.

I would like have some assistance with some things, and will send you a PM on those.

Currently I am working on the kernel and have arrived at the point that it starts and creates the necessary MTD-partitions in flash, although at the moment with the wrong numbering. I am trying to find out if the remainder of the NOR flash (just over 3.5 Mbyte) can be added to the NAND partition for E2, using MTD_CONCAT. The existing images floating around in the net all are built without the kernel config stored inside the kernel, so I had to rework the incorrect config for the git myself step by step.

The images are developed for the boot setting NAND, not PKT, although the PKT setting has 1 Mbyte more room for E2, but everybody uses the NAND variant nowadays.

The general impression I have gained so far is that these boxes were built to a price and thoroughly hammered shut (original software does not even start without a smartcard inserted and is in Polish only for instance). Unfortunately this is also true for the software made so far to make it run E2: I encounter error after error (for instance the NAND setting allow for a (rather large) 4 Mbyte kernel, but the boot loader only loads the first 3 Mbyte (valid for B4t, Freebox and MAGUS loaders)). A general remark to the Polish developers: the rest of the world usually does not speak/read Polish. I translate any Polish comment to English and put the result in my git(s).

The DEBUG output on the BZZB has been solved. I was sent on the wrong path by your picture of the RS-232 converter and an error on the internet. Your picture shows a FTDI-based UART board with TTL outputs. The Debug connector, when activated, is already a TTL-output RS-232 port, so you only need a simple level converter (based on a MAX232 or MAX3232 chip) to get the communication going. The error on the internet had the Tx and Rx pins swapped. As a further hindrance, by MAX3232 converter board turned out to be broken. After fixing all this, minicom showed the familiar debug messages and work could begin.

I plan to present a complete description for the E2 conversion in English, and to add all files needed for it soon. The files needed cannot be found in one easy location, and I encountered many dead links. The description for BSKA/BSLA has been finished and tested: my BSKA and BZZB are used for developing.

Now you know the state of nBox affairs over here.

Regards,

Audioniek.
    Receivers: Rebox: RE-4000, 8000, 9000, 2200, 2210, 2220, 4200, 4210, 4220, 8220, 8500, SAB Unix Triple, Golden Media Spark TripleX, Amiko Alien 2+, Sogno Spark Revolution, Kathrein UFS910(1 & 14W)/912/913/922(CX24116 & AVL2108 tuners), Vizyon revolution 820HD PVR, AB IPBox 91HD/9000HD/9000HD rev.2, Xsarius Alpha HD10, nBox BKSA/BSLA/BXZB/BZZB, Vitamin HD 5000
    Sats: Astra 1, 2 & 3, Hotbird
    Main activity: building my own E2 images for Fortis receivers

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Audioniek For This Useful Post: