+ Antworten
Ergebnis 1 bis 6 von 6

Hybrid-Darstellung

Benutzer
    Thanks
    Is it possible to customize the third generation Fortis bootloader so that it can be multiboot via usb and like other devices installed by tar.gz file ?

Developer
    Thanks
    Zitat Zitat von sadaghiani Beitrag anzeigen
    Is it possible to customize the third generation Fortis bootloader so that it can be multiboot via usb and like other devices installed by tar.gz file ?
    This is exactly what this thread is about. Currently there is little to be gained by this approach. It involves extra work because the USB has to be partitioned with at least a FAT32 partition for the kernel and and ext3 partition for the rootsfs, whereas the current setup work with a "standard" partitioning with just one FAT32 partition. The only two advantages I see with this approach are more reliable booting and the possibility to change E2/Neutrino more easily.

Regards,

Audioniek.

- - - Aktualisiert - - -

Zitat Zitat von kader_73 Beitrag anzeigen
    ...because the kernel build from your git don't start after been reading . my be due to somthing changed in the config file ?
    You do not mention what version of the kernel you have built: the flash version or the USB version. You need the flash version for this approach. I think the cause of the hang can be read a few lines before the end in the log: the BPA2 partitioning runs into problems. The command line contains a bigphysarea specification that may conflict with the one in the kernel setup (see the setup patch file in patches/build-enigma2/linux-sh4-hs7819_setup_stm24_0217.patch, or the already patched setup.c in build_tmp/..linux../arch/sh/board/arch/sh/boards/mach-hdk7111

While working on the adb_box, I noticed strange things happening when bigphysarea= is used on the command line including stopping serial output. Try leaving it out and playing with the BPA2 setup in setup.c of the board.

Regards,

Audioniek.
    Receivers: Rebox: RE-4000, 8000, 9000, 2200, 2210, 2220, 4200, 4210, 4220, 8220, 8500, SAB Unix Triple, Golden Media Spark TripleX, Amiko Alien 2+, Sogno Spark Revolution, Kathrein UFS910(1 & 14W)/912/913/922(CX24116 & AVL2108 tuners), Vizyon revolution 820HD PVR, AB IPBox 91HD/9000HD/9000HD rev.2, Xsarius Alpha HD10, nBox BKSA/BSLA/BXZB/BZZB, Vitamin HD 5000
    Sats: Astra 1, 2 & 3, Hotbird
    Main activity: building my own E2 images for Fortis receivers

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Audioniek For This Useful Post: